Thread: Shipping household furniture & goods from Florida to Bonaire

Default Shipping household furniture & goods from Florida to Bonaire

Hi - Does anybody have a recommendation for a company that can pick up my household items for a permanent move to Bonaire? Uf anyone has had a positive experience with shippers for a move to Bonaire, I'd really appreciate learning about it. Thanks!

If you can arrange delivery to AmCar in Miami, Rocargo is very reliable. (305) 599-8866. I believe Mercy the "Bonaire" person left, so just say you want to ship to Boniare and they will connect you to whoever has taken over. I use them 4-5 times a year. I had one "mishap" which I was eventually compensated for, with a bit of nagging on my part. They accept boxes, crated or pelleted items and can also arrange for full containers. Import tax is 8% of invoice including cost of shipping. US retailers who deliver to Miami for free usually refund US sales tax. Personal belongings need to be itemized and valued. I only use them to ship US purchases so receipts are easy. Once your goods arrive in Bonaire, home delivery is pretty reasonable ($60-$100). Payment for shipping and tax to Bonaire must be made by local bank transfer or cash deposit at MCB Bank in Bonaire.

Thank you so much. This is very helpful information. I had thought that Rocargo was the way to go, but I truly appreciate your input and confirmation.

This is straightt from theshipper

Effective September 26, 2016 AmCar Freight has merged with American Lamprecht Transport, USA. From this date the combined companies will conduct business
    together under the name of AmCar Lamprecht, with their main office in Miami, FL. With this merger Amcar Lamprecht will now have offices located in Los Angeles, CA / Houston, TX / Chicago, IL / Lawrence, New York / Baltimore, MD / Duncan, SC.
    TO ASSURE YOUR SHIPMENT DEPARTS SAME WEEK OF SAILING PLEASE DELIVER CARGO AND INVOICES WITH FULL NAME + DESTINATION BONAIRE (John Smith-BONAIRE or Company Name-BONAIRE). AMCAR CUT-OFF IS Every Tuesday at 4:00pm FOR SAME WEEK SAILING. CONTAINERS ARE LOADED EVERY WEDNESDAY. Email invoices with tracking numbers on each invoice in advance for better assistance.

Agent and delivery address in Miami is:
    AMCAR LAMPRECHT
    12600 NW 25 Street, Suite 107 Miami, FL 33182
    Warehouse receiving hours are: Monday – Friday 7:30am to 5:30pm
    Tel: 305-599 8866 Ext 126 Fax: 305-599-2808
    E-mail: ellen@amcarlamprecht.com Website: www.amcarfreight.com
    Our ocean rate from MIA to BON are:
    Ocean Freight US$ 3.43 per cft / $0.14 per lb
    (minimum $25.00)
    Bunker US$ 0.25 per cft no minimum
    Documentation US$ 40.00
    B/L US$ 25.00
    Agent and delivery address in Bonaire is:
    ROCARGO LOGISTICS SERVICES B.V.
    KAYA INDUSTRIA 12
    KRALENDIJK-BONAIRE C.N.
    E-mail: frontdesk@rocargo.com / TEL: (599) 717 8922
    Our local charges in Bonaire are:
    Don Andres charges Per cbm US$9.50
    Normal Customs documents per shipment US$25.00
    Per Bislijst US$5.00
    B/L fee US$8.50
    Administration charges US$7.50
    The above mentioned charges exclude:
    o Storage charges ( after the first 30 days ) Rates: $.04 lbs / $.45 cft / $35.00 min – whichever is
    greater per week
    o Insurance
    o Transportation
    o ABB/ Tax
     We have weekly sailings from Miami to Bonaire.
     Cut-off day for cargo from Miami is every Tuesday at 4pm.
     If hazmat the IMO is needed by 12pm on Wednesday. (for dangerous goods only)
     Vessel sails late Fridays and arrives the following Thursday.
     Commercial invoices are needed for export. If possible send an email with tracking info.
     Please make sure to ask your suppliers to label the cargo as follow
    Amcar (your company name BON) 12600 NW 25TH
    ST STE 107 MIAMI, FL 33182
    Like this we prevent the cargo from going to our unknown department.

We did our Florida to Bonaire move in late 2017/early 2018 and used Meyer Moving here on island. They managed the entire process, door-to-door. Communications with Aaron Alberto and the team was excellent and wed use them again if ever needed.