Thread: "In Transit" at Hato Airport

larrygross is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Default "In Transit" at Hato Airport

Hello, For many years I flew ALM or American into Curacao and then passed, "In Transit" directly to Divi Divi to fly on to Bonaire. This winter I plan to arrive on Jet Blue. What will I need to show that I am going directly to Divi Divi or Insel to fly to Bonaire without going through customs? A ticket or evidence of a reservation? Thank you very much for your help. Having used direct flights most of the time for years now I'm our of touch. Divi Divi tells me I can go directly to "In Transit" after landing.
    Larry Gross

The last siz months when I flew into Curacao onto Binaire I have avoided immigration and customs and immigration as i was in transit but I was still subject to another security check and bag X-ray and metal dectector before being allowed to enter the terminal to make my connection.

THanks, that's good to hear. What evidence did you show them that you were on a flight to Bonaire?

it helps to fill out the card online https://edcardcuracao.com//

Thanks, Anne, that looks like a great help in getting through the process. Since it's an embarkation card, do I put in the airline, Divi Divi, we're leaving on, as opposed to the one we've landed from? Thanks for your help, I've had mixed results trying to find answers from Hato airport, though Divi is a pleasure to deal with. Larry

yes I had the same question... you put on the place you came from and airline you arrive on to Curacao.https://www.curacao.com/en/ctb/view/...-card-ed-card/ I also put on the card Transit to Bonaire where it asks purpose of trip. You still have to go through immigration , but it is a bit quicker, also since you have to pick up luggage and check it in to Divi Divi ,you can not really go in the "transit" line. When it is busy I tell them I need to catch the Divi flight and they usually push me through and Divi has always waited , they have very good service !
    Hope this helps.
    Safe travels , Anne

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by sorobonanne View Post
    yes I had the same question... you put on the place you came from and airline you arrive on to Curacao.https://www.curacao.com/en/ctb/view/...-card-ed-card/ I also put on the card Transit to Bonaire where it asks purpose of trip. You still have to go through immigration , but it is a bit quicker, also since you have to pick up luggage and check it in to Divi Divi ,you can not really go in the "transit" line. When it is busy I tell them I need to catch the Divi flight and they usually push me through and Divi has always waited , they have very good service !
    Hope this helps.
    Safe travels , Anne
    Had the same experience. Dive helped me to get past the customs line quicly and accompanied me to the check in.
    Great little company

A couple of months ago I stayed in Curacao. When you have filled the card online, you don't even see a immigration officer. I could just scan my passport.

Great, thanks. Good to know what's supposes to be going on in a strange place. I remember American used to give you a boarding pass for your flight over to Bonaire, and that got you into the transit lounge. Now that I think about it, before that you just walked over there, free to move about the airport.