Thread: Christmas Airfares

Annapolis, Maryland and Santa Barbara, Bonaire

Default Christmas Airfares

All the airlines are ridiculous at this point for this Christmas. Coach on Delta for two weeks leaving 12/21 through 1/4 from BWI is $2593. United is $2608. American is $2036. Are they trying to put Bonaire out of business?
    owner - Casa Bunita Bista

gbf is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

You probably already know this, but Delta changed their website some time ago to default to "refundable fares", which yield +++$ fares. You have to go into "advanced search" and unclick the little box to get non-refundable, thus cheaper fares.

(sorry if old news, but the $2500+ fares look like the refundable numbers I've been seeing)
    Brad Ford

Mine defaults to non-refundable. I just checked again and the price is the same, regardless if you check the box for refundable or non-refundable. Delta is also screwing with the flights. One day they offered the Friday flight which is typical, but then they took it down and added a Monday flight, which is also typical. They have now taken that down and only Saturday and Sunday are available. Hopefully nobody is booking on any of the three airlines so they see they can't rip people off.

gbf is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

To paraphrase that great philosopher and commentator on the human condition, Tim Wilson (deceased):

Well hell, maybe it's me.

Good luck...
    Brad Ford

Quote Originally Posted by michaeto View Post
    All the airlines are ridiculous at this point for this Christmas. Coach on Delta for two weeks leaving 12/21 through 1/4 from BWI is $2593. United is $2608. American is $2036. Are they trying to put Bonaire out of business?
    Delta has become generous while American and United are even more moronic. Delta lowered the same fare to $2211. American is up to $2398 and United is up to $2630. I hope there are no idiots who are booking these flights. You can't encourage this larceny. All of these are above 1st class prices any other time of the year.

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

When I use skyscanneras a search engine I find lower prices.
    With AA Euro 1500 if you leave on a saturday.
    If you can leave on a friday, prices drop to EURO 1100
    Flights to Curacao are less expensive and the diving is good there too.
    And great villa's on blue bay beach resort