Thread: American Airlines

Cool American Airlines

I am so glad that AA is going to be flying from Miami to Bonaire. Our options for Christmas/New Years 2018 were:

1. AA from MIA to Bon $429
    Add expense for one way rental car (Total expense $150)
    4 hour drive to Miami
    Add possible 1 or 2 nights hotel in Miami ($0 - $250)

2. Delta from DAB to BON $1,374
    Hometown departure

I think the convenience of leaving from DAB (and not having to drive to MIA) is worth something.....but NOT worth almost $1,000 per person (2 people traveling). That is outrageous. For me, this was an easy decision...American Airlines!! Helps that I have gold status on American too!

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

For our American friends:

American Airlines will fly more often between Miami and Bonaire during the winter season. From 9 June there will be a weekly flight, but from 15 December onwards, that number will be increased to four return trips per week.

In addition to the existing Saturday flight, flights arrive on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. An Airbus A319 is used, which can accommodate 128 passengers

Thanks for the Info smits, more flights options is good news.
    S&E Tanton

FYI...We booked about a month ago with AA for our Sept trip, one way Bon to Mia then to Tulsa. I checked last week and flights had changed, we weren't notified. We still left Bon at about 4pm but now were scheduled to leave MIA at 3:30pm. The only option was an overnite in MIA. We canceled and got flight back with Delta. Wondering how long before Delta changes our flight.

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

It appears AA is going to be our 2019 trip provider as it will be lowest cost by 255 per ticket. Our connecting flight has a near 2-hour window and I certainly believe that should not be a problem for our luggage to make in on the flight to Bonaire leave @ 6am CST and arrive 4:15 Bonaire same day---sounds like a plan to me. Cornhusker

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

So we booked flights Business Class last week Sunday and looked this morning and tickets went up over $1,000 each! When we looked at seats they only have 8-seats on the flight down from Miami to Bonaire so 1/4 has been sold in this section but the remaining seats on both legs are showing available! I have never flown 1st/business on AA but we have on United and great service but Delta was just horrible so we will see how things go----and will of course keep a close eye on making sure of any flight changes that might take place.