Thread: Checking for home owner interest in a smart water meter

Default Checking for home owner interest in a smart water meter

Hello

I am exploring moving to the island.

One project I am involved with is bringing a new water meter to market. InStream is a smart meter that watches your water for you. It watches your water quality in real-time to let you know it is safe to drink, it watches your water use to help you do better, and it watches for leaks so a small problem does not become a big problem. This connects to your house where the water comes in. It connects to wifi to report on water use and allows you to turn the water on and off remotely.

I am interested to see what level of interest there is for a meter like this in Bonaire. Is this something that would help you as a home owner or with your second home?

This device is not in market yet. I am just trying to see if there is interest.

Thanks so much
    Andre

Quote Originally Posted by MuskokaOne View Post
    Hello

I am exploring moving to the island.

One project I am involved with is bringing a new water meter to market. InStream is a smart meter that watches your water for you. It watches your water quality in real-time to let you know it is safe to drink, it watches your water use to help you do better, and it watches for leaks so a small problem does not become a big problem. This connects to your house where the water comes in. It connects to wifi to report on water use and allows you to turn the water on and off remotely.

I am interested to see what level of interest there is for a meter like this in Bonaire. Is this something that would help you as a home owner or with your second home?

This device is not in market yet. I am just trying to see if there is interest.

Thanks so much
    Andre
    Hi Andre,
    Sounds like a great idea for off-island owners of Bonaire homes! Good luck with it!

Best,
    Kate
    Kate Butler
    Real Estate Agent, RE/MAX Paradise Homes, Bonaire

Flower Mound Tx. ( 2 miles from DFW airport)

Would be interested in both the island and other applications . I have trouble on the island with failing water timers . Both for there failures and water surges making them fail. I am there 4 months out of year. Two months in 2017 , I received water bills over 600.00 per month due to timer failure.
    Mike Truesdell

Id also be interested to see some of the electricity monitoring devices (those installed at the box in the US) make their way to the islands in the future.

There is a lot of innovation happening in the area of home innovation. People are much more interested in being to keep tabs on their property and to be able to adjust consumption as needed.