Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any airfare insight?

Default Any airfare insight?

We have traveled to Bonaire each summer June/July for about 8 years now. We usually pay between $700-$850 for airfare from Chicago. I've been watching the airfare every day on United, Delta, and American and they are all over $1000. If it were an easy flight I wouldn't be so dismayed by it but it requires an overnight somewhere on the way down and on the way home. Requiring about 27 hours of travel both ways. This just seems crazy! I'm afraid if I keep watching the flights will be sold out and I won't get a seat to Bonaire. Any insight into this? Do you think the fares will go down?

Thanks!!

What flight prices daily and you’ll be astonished by the price differences. Once you’ve found your flight book immediately.

I have been checking many times a day! I'll keep checking and hoping for some more reasonable fares.

We also must overnight somewhere between Albuquerque and Bonaire. It works best for us to overnight on Curacao then just a short hop in the morning.

I sometimes check available seats on Delta by doing a fake booking on the Delta site....I assume that is possible on AA and United. I would think, since you have all 3 airline options, that you will be likely to find something acceptable. I expect you know that AA will begin Miami-Bonaire non stops on Saturdays in June. I am hoping for some competition among airlines.

Consider going via Aruba. Divi Divi Air just started service between AUA and BON-sometimes nonstop. Aruba Air goes to Bonaire a few times a week. I think SW goes to Aruba fr Chicago......

Quote Originally Posted by jimw View Post
    I sometimes check available seats on Delta by doing a fake booking on the Delta site....I assume that is possible on AA and United. I would think, since you have all 3 airline options, that you will be likely to find something acceptable. I expect you know that AA will begin Miami-Bonaire non stops on Saturdays in June. I am hoping for some competition among airlines.

Consider going via Aruba. Divi Divi Air just started service between AUA and BON-sometimes nonstop. Aruba Air goes to Bonaire a few times a week. I think SW goes to Aruba fr Chicago......
    Have you looked at the Sunwing flight from Toronto, since you have to do an overnight anyway? Very cheap, and the prices are in Canadian dollars, so an even better deal given the favorable exchange rate.

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by hallerdodd View Post
    Have you looked at the Sunwing flight from Toronto, since you have to do an overnight anyway? Very cheap, and the prices are in Canadian dollars, so an even better deal given the favorable exchange rate.
    The problem is, they don't show any seats available from mid-April to mid-December.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Correct, Sunwing is flying seasonal at the moment and we’ll see what happens.

I just used the Matrix from itasoftware.com to check June and July-found a low of $602. on June 9 out of Midway on Delta. You would overnight in Atlanta leaving Midway at 4pm Sat and then a Sunday morning flight to Bonaire.....

I've used this product for years. You can look at a month at a time. The lower price from Midway is a nice surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by jimw View Post
    I just used the Matrix from itasoftware.com to check June and July-found a low of $602. on June 9 out of Midway on Delta. You would overnight in Atlanta leaving Midway at 4pm Sat and then a Sunday morning flight to Bonaire.....

I've used this product for years. You can look at a month at a time. The lower price from Midway is a nice surprise.
    Best flight searching tool ever. Can take a bit of work to figure out how to book though, but dials you in to exactly what to look for on another site that will let you book. Often directly through the airline ends up working the best I've found.