Thread: What is with the weather?

agd is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Default What is with the weather?

In a half dozen trips to Bonaire, Curaçao and Aruba, I cannot recall it raining at all. Then last year we had a fair amount of showers in February into March. But nothing like this year. We have been here 11 days so far and not one day has been completely rain free and the last couple of days have been extremely wet.

Any old hands here care to comment on how unusual this is? The climate tables show that rain should be infrequent this time of year, but have you experienced this other years?

Andy

Kate B is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by agd View Post
    In a half dozen trips to Bonaire, Curaçao and Aruba, I cannot recall it raining at all. Then last year we had a fair amount of showers in February into March. But nothing like this year. We have been here 11 days so far and not one day has been completely rain free and the last couple of days have been extremely wet.

Any old hands here care to comment on how unusual this is? The climate tables show that rain should be infrequent this time of year, but have you experienced this other years?

Andy
    Hi Andy, looks like you may have been lucky the other times you were down. We only get about 22 inches of rain a year, but most of it falls between October and February. This has been a rainy February for sure, and it seemed that way last year too! We love the cooler weather and the fact that we don't have to keep adding water to our pool, but I hope for sunny skies for our tourists!
    Best,
    Kate
    Kate Butler
    "Ask Kate" real estate columnist for the Bonaire Reporter
    Real Estate Agent, RE/MAX Paradise Homes, Bonaire

Hi Kate

i like your sunny outlook, but in a month with statistically 5 rain days, we have had rain in 22 out of 23 so far. In fact I think I just saw Noah going by collecting 2 of everything!

Andy

yes, this is seriously unusual. Average rainfall in February is 1" and we've had nearly that much just today. It's pouring now!

Our road is so flooded, I think the owner may re-classify our place as waterfront and raise the rent!

Andy

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I was in Curacao last week. The weeks before that, it rained a lot. Much morethan usual.