Thread: Ship on Fire!

Default Ship on Fire!

From my upper terrace I can see a vessel caught on fire and the blue fire boat is there. Huge flames were shouting out towards the sky. It is hard to tell but it kinda looks like a tugboat that caught fire North West of Hato. Does anyone know more?

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

we watched the entire thing and yes you are correct it was one of the huge tugs that was looking to help a curoil older boat that appears to have lost power and also 2-pilot boats really did the work and got it tied to moorings by Yellow Sub site noeth at I think od water plant or oil plant. Tug was burning and other one sprayed it down for some time with water cannon and my guess is fire someplace internal as it was black and white same time and just rolling smoke everyone--hoping all lives were ok but likely more to follow from officials but looks like Bonaire is down to 1-working huge blue tug.

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Exclamation Hmmmm can't see any damage from this angle....

Attached Images Attached Images

Question Ahhh here's a capture that got lost during the Server upgrade

Is this White Tug the one that caught fire, certainly seems to be smoke trails at the rear of the wheel house

Attached Images Attached Images
    PRA & ET Inc
    Proof Readers Anonymous & Extreme Testers

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

we looked at the boat and it is the SMIT and it is charred everywhere but mostly in the cabin area from what we could see. Paper today reported that if unable to be repaired local dive group is asking for it to be used as dive site. Don't know if black everywhere was paint or char but when the really big tugs like the Missouri is tied up next to it, the tug looks pretty small but still be fun for diving in 80' area.

Last week of month long stay and rain is terrible----trying to finalize 2-months next year and hope wife can put up with me that long. Kids came down and 5-year old grandson tried out his SASY and had to drag him out of the ocean 19s available for rent at TDS and hoping next year everyone can return