Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Insel in trouble?

Good news folks. I have fixed Insel’s flight and scheduling problems. They are opeating now.

All I had to do was to burn the non refundable return ticket and buy a new non refundable from Aruba Air.

That did the trick. My apologies for not acting sooner.

From today's Curacao Chronicle.

More Layoffs At InselAir; MD-80 Will Not Be Operational Again

WILLEMSTAD - There will be more layoffs at the local aviation company InselAir. That's what financial director André Delger told trade union leader Wendell Meulen from UGTK / Cadmu.
    The airline has informed the union leader of the fact that they will be no longer operating the only working MD-80 the airline has. That aircraft has been on the ground for some time because it has to undergo a so-called C-check. According to Meulen, Delger said that the financial situation of the organization is not going so well.
    It is not yet know how many people will lose their jobs and Delger himself did not want to confirm the report or the exact number. Sources indicate that it is about 30 employees.
    A planned meeting yesterday morning with the trade union did not take place because the InselAir director only wanted to talk to the leader of the union, not to other board members, Meulen reported.
    CEO Edward Heerenveen of InselAir has confirmed to the media that the decision has been made to no longer fly with the MD-80. He also understood that director Gilles Filiatreault was busy packing his suitcases.

Is there any more news on Insel? We are flying them next week from Curacao to Bonaire. Have they gotten caught up? Are they keeping some kind of "regular" schedule?
    Thanks!

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

If I were in your position, i would try and get a seat on DiviDivi, and write off the Insel tickets.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by jibstergirl View Post
    Is there any more news on Insel? We are flying them next week from Curacao to Bonaire. Have they gotten caught up? Are they keeping some kind of "regular" schedule?
    Thanks!
    Count on this--they have already cancelled your flight! Agree with Tursiops, FlyDivi Divi Air--reserve and pay online--and then actually go when expected!

Quote Originally Posted by jibstergirl View Post
    Thanks!
    No news that I've found. There are numerous flight trackers online that might show what's up---And NOT!

Insel has announced they will no longer fly the single flyable (if it passes an extensive inspection) MD-80 jet. Insel has announced layoffs.

Places to look for info---Curacao Chronicle, Bonaire Reporter.

Good Luck, but this is yet another failed airline and not an unusual situation for the region.

I don't care about writing off the tickets... We are traveling on Wednesday and there are no flights available on Divi until Saturday... Are there any Insel flights running to Bonaire at all?

So now I'm really confused... I can see on the Bonaire airport board Insel flights have been arriving all day, I also spoke to someone at the Bonaire airport and she said that Insel flights having been coming in from Curacao regularly the past several days... So???? Does someone on this board have incorrect information? I do understand that Insel is probably on shaky financial ground but they are still flying!!

The flight tracker for the Bonaire airport should be a good source of info. Flight trackers generally will be accurate. And your calling someone is helpful too. Some folks who comment here are local and/or presently on island. There should be a new Bonaire Reporter out very soon and the Curacao Chronicle is a daily. Now that you have good info, things will likely go smoothly for you.....

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Four flights arrived Saturday
    sat.JPG
    Three have arrived today with one still to come
    sun.JPG

Five are scheduled for Weds.
    wed.JPG

Let us know how it goes.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia