Thread: furnishings

Default furnishings

Hello,
    I am in the process of building my house and it should be done by about June . I have been looking into how to furnish it. I know in the past most people shipped from Florida. Is there more choice on the island now ? Do you think it might be practical to buy on the island instead of shipping ?
    Have not had a chance to check out all the stores on the island ...

Any suggestions welcome ,
    Thank you ,
    Anne

There is a very nice furniture store called INSIDE OUT Bonaire and it is just east of the warehouse grocery store. On the same side of the street. We bought a couch
    there last year and love it. Very nice people own the store and they do have a website.

Thank you < I will check it out .

I agree with Stretch. Inside/out has wonderful furniture and a healthy stock of things. We also bought a sofa from them and love it. Very good quality and not overly expensive. Nice couple that own it. If you do want them to order something, remember it does take awhile for things to arrive on island. We wanted to change material on one of our items and it took a good 6 months to get on island. No problem, right?

yes, I am familiar with "Island time" , that is why I am trying to plan ahead . I am hoping to get set up by julyish... thanks for the input !

Quote Originally Posted by Suuntodiver View Post
    I agree with Stretch. Inside/out has wonderful furniture and a healthy stock of things. We also bought a sofa from them and love it. Very good quality and not overly expensive. Nice couple that own it. If you do want them to order something, remember it does take awhile for things to arrive on island. We wanted to change material on one of our items and it took a good 6 months to get on island. No problem, right?

Another happy Inside & Out customer here. The showroom is a fun, ever-changing mix of island-friendly items. Whether buying from stock, or ordering from factory, we have had great experience. Owners Jeroen and Rowena know their stuff, and she has very keen & helpful design sense. Website is www.insideoutbonaire.com and they're on FB at https://www.facebook.com/insideoutbonaire/

Thank you ! I have contacted them and they have been very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by SevetS View Post
    Another happy Inside & Out customer here. The showroom is a fun, ever-changing mix of island-friendly items. Whether buying from stock, or ordering from factory, we have had great experience. Owners Jeroen and Rowena know their stuff, and she has very keen & helpful design sense. Website is www.insideoutbonaire.com and they're on FB at https://www.facebook.com/insideoutbonaire/

Buying local would be ideal in a perfect world. Everything you buy has a 8% import duty plus shipping costs included in the price. If you find what you need on island, great. With the exception of Home Style on Kaya Amsterdam, I have not been impressed by quality.

Most US sources deliver free to Miami and if you furnish proof you are exporting to Bonaire they will refund any sales tax they collect when you purchase. I have ordered from Crate and Barrel and other US dealers. Shipping via AmCar in Miami through Rocargo on Bonaire is relatively painless - you pay shipping when it arrives. My recent dining room furniture purchased from Crate & Barrel for $6000 in NJ cost $900 to ship including tax and delivery to my house on Bonaire. I spent $8000 on Polywood outdoor furniture and it arrived for even less - it was more tightly packed.

Allow 2 weeks for deliver from when it arrives in Miami until it shows up on Bonaire.

Have to agree with ChrisL wholeheartedly. For outdoor needs Polywood can not be beat for the harsh Bonaire sun. If your are looking for an island decor,check out American. Rattan on the web. Excellent company! For further confidence in dealin g with Marie you can check out my testimonial from 2013. Good Luck!

OK well , that gives me more choices . Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Buying local would be ideal in a perfect world. Everything you buy has a 8% import duty plus shipping costs included in the price. If you find what you need on island, great. With the exception of Home Style on Kaya Amsterdam, I have not been impressed by quality.

Most US sources deliver free to Miami and if you furnish proof you are exporting to Bonaire they will refund any sales tax they collect when you purchase. I have ordered from Crate and Barrel and other US dealers. Shipping via AmCar in Miami through Rocargo on Bonaire is relatively painless - you pay shipping when it arrives. My recent dining room furniture purchased from Crate & Barrel for $6000 in NJ cost $900 to ship including tax and delivery to my house on Bonaire. I spent $8000 on Polywood outdoor furniture and it arrived for even less - it was more tightly packed.

Allow 2 weeks for deliver from when it arrives in Miami until it shows up on Bonaire.