Thread: La Diana's Leap

Default La Diana's Leap

We scouted out the entry today but want to make certain it is the right location. There is no yellow marker stone, but it appears someone has drawn an arrow on the asphalt pointing to it on the edge of the road. According to a YouTube video It appears the jump point is just to the right of where the trail comes off the road. Sound about right?

Lakewood, Washington - the cold, green waters of the Pacific Northwest!

I remember a Green and Yellow Yin and Yang symbol? There is a path there that takes you to a short "cliff", the "leap" of LaDania's leap.

Just remember that once you jump in there is no exiting until you reach Karpata.

One of my favorite dives on Bonaire! Enjoy!

You are correct in locating the "leap". However, I do have a question for the Dive community regarding SAFETY & STINAPA. As mentioned, there is no way to get out if one encounters a problem. There is a small cutout at this site which could accommodate a 3 or 4 step ladder which could provide diver safety for our annual $25 marine park fee. Stinapa has taken a position of not being responsible for maintaining shoreline beaches. However, Stinapa has done an excellent job of this over at Klein on behalf of the cruise ship industry. Does anyone have any suggestions for making La Danias' SAFE?
    Last edited by ModRoy; 01-03-2018 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Safe

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Sabadeco View Post
    You are correct in locating the "leap". However, I do have a question for the Dive community regarding SAFETY & STINAPA. As mentioned, there is no way to get out if one encounters a problem. There is a small cutout at this site which could accommodate a 3 or 4 step ladder which could provide diver safety for our annual $25 marine park fee. Stinapa has taken a position of not being responsible for maintaining shoreline beaches. However, Stinapa has done an excellent job of this over at Klein on behalf of the cruise ship industry. Does anyone have any suggestions for making La Danias' SAVE?
    Has there ever been a problem at La Dania's?
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I remember a jing and jang sign on the road. It's a couple of hundred meters before Karpata.
    Follow the path. A little to the right, you'll find a small plateau. From there you have to make a small jump. It's easy, I did it with my children from the age of 10 or 11
    Swim to the right and exit at Karpata.

Whar we allways did, was unload our gear at La dania, one person drives to Karpata and walks back to La Dania.
    Check if the waves permit a do-able exit at Karpata. You cannot exit at La Dania.

We've seen a lot of turtles on this dive.
    Also a very good trip for snorklers.

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Sabadeco View Post
    You are correct in locating the "leap". However, I do have a question for the Dive community regarding SAFETY & STINAPA. As mentioned, there is no way to get out if one encounters a problem. There is a small cutout at this site which could accommodate a 3 or 4 step ladder which could provide diver safety for our annual $25 marine park fee. Stinapa has taken a position of not being responsible for maintaining shoreline beaches. However, Stinapa has done an excellent job of this over at Klein on behalf of the cruise ship industry. Does anyone have any suggestions for making La Danias' SAFE?

Just swim to the right and exit at Karpata?

Correct. Last trip, we found an area to park near La Dania (Ocean side of road as approaching Karpata) Left my buddy w/ gear at Karpata while I walked back to car and caught local red handed going through our stuff. Said was thirsty and "looking for water" Saw everything was there and shooed him off.. Normal for Bonaire. Next time, would just dump buddy and our gear where beginning of path to LaDania's leap and park car at Karpata and one of us walk back. So not humping to LaDanaia w/ gear on in the sun. One of my 1st dives whenever go there. Wear good booties as the lava rock is brutal on feet.

p.s. Found this on Youtube.. Path to bonaire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlkZwfOk-zg