Thread: Belnam Area

Default Belnam Area

We will be staying in the Belnam area, close to Bachelor Beach. Can anyone share information as to a grocery store in the area? I am familiar with the bigger stores, but was wondering if there is a neighborhood store possibly within walking distance.
    Also, is there a bar possibly within walking distance if I want to walk for an afternoon beverage. Yes, I will have a vehicle, but always enjoy a short walk if that is an option.

There is a good restaurant/bar now across the road from the Windsock Apartments. Think it is called Windsock. Then on the North side of the Bellafonte Resort there is a restaurant /bar called the Bonairian. Both are right on the ocean and not far from Bachelor Beach. There is a new small grocery store farther down south from Bachelor's Beach. Don't know how far you want to walk. You can see the store from the main road. Have not checked it out yet.

Thanks for the great info. It is difficult for me to pull up exact locations on google maps, but it is nice to know there are some things in the area. We normally stay closer to town and it is an easy walk to eveything.

Hi,

If you're staying in Belnem near Resort Bonaire (the new development still being built near Bachelor's Beach) there is a grocery store called "Good and More Supermarket" on the left hand side of the road (you need to make a left turn to drive down the street, but you'll see it from the main road.) It's just after Resort Bonaire heading south.

This little store is very clean and has a large variety of food and other items. (And ya gotta love the name.)

All the best,
    Kate
    Kate Butler
    Real Estate Agent, RE/MAX Paradise Homes, Bonaire

thanks Katie, that is great info. I think we saw the building when we were there in July, but did not turn down the road. This should be very close to where we are staying. Do you know if there is a restaurant or bar close by? I do enjoy a cold beverage after a day of diving and enjoy meeting other people.

Quote Originally Posted by shark View Post
    thanks Katie, that is great info. I think we saw the building when we were there in July, but did not turn down the road. This should be very close to where we are staying. Do you know if there is a restaurant or bar close by? I do enjoy a cold beverage after a day of diving and enjoy meeting other people.
    Sure! There are a few restaurants/bars in Belnem and Punt Vierkant. Heading south on the main road next to the sea, there is El Encanto on the left. It is a hotel with a poolside restaurant and bar.

On the sea side is Windsock Beach, which is a waterfront area with sand and access to the water down metal steps, with a bar and some meal offerings. There are tables with umbrellas to eat at. Very nice atmosphere. This is owned by Windsock Beach condos so the owners have priority on the lounges in the beach area.

Further down in Punt Vierkant next to Lighthouse Beach Resort on the right (if you pass Lighthouse Beach, you've gone too far) is the new Delfins Resort. Waterfront, very upscale, has an acclaimed gourmet chef. We plan to go there this week, and the buzz is that the bar and restaurant is great.
    Kate Butler
    Real Estate Agent, RE/MAX Paradise Homes, Bonaire

kate,
    thanks again, great and useful info.