Thread: Divi divi Air news

Default Divi divi Air news

This is from the Dec 18-Jan 1 edition of the Bonaire Reporter

Divi Divi Air is getting closer to servingBonaire with its DHC-6 Twin-Otteraircraft. Ground crew at Flamingo Airportreceived training last week and theaircraft registered as PJ-DVD has receivedthe air-worthiness certificate from the CivilAviation Authority of Curaçao. The airlineis popular with local people because of itspunctuality and reliability.The 19-passenger Twin-Otter will augmentthe current 8-passenger Norman Islanderplanes. Additionally Divi Divi plansto resume regular flights to Aruba.

Excellent news, They are so busy , they need those extra seats !

Lightbulb Confirmed by EMail by Account Manager at Divi Divi

We have recieved an email with the following information from Account Manager Germaine :-

March 2018 - I just wanted to share with you that Divi Divi Air has started operating the Twin Otter, adding flights from Curacao to Bonaire, also our new service to and from Aruba. During the weekends we are planning direct flights from Aruba to Bonaire to facilitate the traveling public arriving in Aruba and wanting to go to Bonaire and back. Our schedule is still very flexible, so we can accommodate your groups needs.

Please Check their Website https://www.flydivi.com/for timing options
    PRA & ET Inc
    Proof Readers Anonymous & Extreme Testers

So far, their site shows only flights via Curacao. I am looking forward to non stops AUA-BON on the weekends as I have multiple ways to get to Aruba. I sure hope the timing works out...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jimw View Post
    So far, their site shows only flights via Curacao. I am looking forward to non stops AUA-BON on the weekends as I have multiple ways to get to Aruba. I sure hope the timing works out...
    Jim, for Aua/Bon weekend flights you have to enter your Dates & Departure/Destination in the Book/Find Flight Search engine window to get the prices & availability

Attached Images Attached Images

I did that Roy, for dates in June and August. In June, I could get from AUA-BON at 7pm on a Saturday-----but not return the next week--No Flights Available, was displayed. In August--No Flights Available was the operative phrase!

Sure hoping we see some improvements as time passes. It could be great to take Jet Blue or Southwest from south Florida to AUA--then onward the same day to BON.

Better yet would be Jet Blue serving CUR or BON from Ft Lauderdale. We bought expensive Delta tickets months ago for an August trip....

this is the major inter-island travel time for residents.

I took "No Flights Available" to mean there were simply no flights. Petri is saying the flights are full I think. An aha moment for me!

​exactly