Thread: Sailboat rental

Default Sailboat rental

We'll be in Bonaire in Jan and would like to rent a day sailor. I've seen other posts from years ago, but it seems I can't find any of the suggested rental companies. Is there anyone currently renting out a day sailor?

Maybe check Bonaire From The Sea http://bonairefromthesea.org

Yeh, that's a charter on a big boat with a captain. I'm looking for a 2-3 person day sailor I can take myself. Thanks anyway...

Nothing??

Arrow

Looks that way Al, I had a good look through the links on the FAQ Page here and on the Info Bonaire Site, many of the Links/Websites are no longer active.

Seems that type of business was not lucrative enough.

If you do find something out when on Bonaire, please let us know so that I can update the info in FAQs
    PRA & ET Inc
    Proof Readers Anonymous & Extreme Testers

Still nothing?

I have scoured the message threads, Infobonaire, Reporter, and 'Net in general.
    Found one listing for a daysailer via getmyboat.com, but no reply yet to my inquiry.
    Even checked with BSSA, who curtly said they are not doing any lessons during my dates.

Surely someone who reads this will know someone who knows someone whose cousin's aunt's friend's roommate's boss's brother has a Sunfish or small Hobie and would consider loaning it out for some cash and/or BBQ?

If so, I'll be looking to get connected during my family's eleventieth trip, first week of July ('19).

Sincerely, (not) Kevin Bacon.

Bonaire is not a real big boating center. Only two smallish marinas and most of those berths are taken up by charter operators or fully private vessels. You can rent small power boats very easily, but I have never seen anyone advertise a sailing boat for rent. Also very-very few beach launch spots for small fun boats, like Sunfish/Laser/Hobie etc. Sorry wish I could help you out here.
    S&E Tanton