Thread: access to shore diving at various resorts

Default access to shore diving at various resorts

It's been 8 years since I've been to Bonaire and I want to be up-to-date on diving etiquette. On our previous trips we stayed at Sand Dollar but often dove from some of the other resorts...like Divi Flamingo. At that time we'd just go into the dive shop and ask if we could use their dock. This trip we're staying at an Airbnb close to a marked dive site but how do we access the docks at Sand Dollar, Divi Flamingo and others? One thing I've noticed online is that the cost of air has increased significantly!

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by freda View Post
    It's been 8 years since I've been to Bonaire and I want to be up-to-date on diving etiquette. On our previous trips we stayed at Sand Dollar but often dove from some of the other resorts...like Divi Flamingo. At that time we'd just go into the dive shop and ask if we could use their dock. This trip we're staying at an Airbnb close to a marked dive site but how do we access the docks at Sand Dollar, Divi Flamingo and others? One thing I've noticed online is that the cost of air has increased significantly!
    Air has gone up, but Nitrox has gone down.
    Capt Don's is the only dock I know you have to pay to get on, if you can get on the dock at all, for example Black Durgon is for guests only. Otherwise, ask nicely and it should all work out.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Thank you for that information. I really care about getting wet at Dive and Sand Dollar. We've always maintained that we could do either of those dives every day, at different depths, different directions, and not tire of it.

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by freda View Post
    Thank you for that information. I really care about getting wet at Dive and Sand Dollar. We've always maintained that we could do either of those dives every day, at different depths, different directions, and not tire of it.
    Just go in at Bari and swim north. Easier parking, too.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

You can dive right off the dock at the Divi Flamingo or just right off the beach too.

Freda-
    We've stayed at The Plaza Resort many times and have see other divers come and dive the house reef with no issues.

Enjoy,
    Neptune Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune Nick View Post
    Freda-
    We've stayed at The Plaza Resort many times and have see other divers come and dive the house reef with no issues.

Enjoy,
    Neptune Nick
    Last May, the gates at the lot on 18th palm site was locked. Had to have key for access. You wait for someone to come over and open if gate closed. Was my favorite dusk dive before heading to their bear to watch sunset.

the pier between Sand dollar and Den Laman is privately owned and is available only to owners and guests of the 2 resorts.
    Nobody is born knowing how to dive; we must practice, practice, practice.

Yes, but it is easy to park at Bari and enter in front of Den Laman at the sandy beach , no one owns the beachfront , it is public open to all ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vann Evans View Post
    the pier between Sand dollar and Den Laman is privately owned and is available only to owners and guests of the 2 resorts.