Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AA non-stop Saturday flights from Miami to Bonaire tentatively starting in June 2018

wwguy is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

This update was included in the Dec 4-18 edition of the Bonaire Reporter:

"American Airlines service from MIA to BON was confirmed last Friday. The connection was thought to be in danger because of threatened budget cuts to the TCB. As of press time the schedule was not yet on the American Airlines website. The Island Government (OLB) announced planned budget cuts in a number of island operations like the Center for Youth and Family (CJG), the TCB (Tourist Corporation), FCM (Public Housing) and The Chamber of Commerce (KVK)."

Thanks wwguy!

Have they given out the proposed flight times? A 10 am to Noonish departure from Miami would work well for us. Maybe get to Bonaire a little before Delta and United......

Default AA $910. mia-bon

AA flights now on the schedule. Expensive at $910. r/t. Someone checked June and I checked our dates in August--same price--I guess we don't need to worry about full planes at that price.....We had already bought $240. less Delta tickets anyway. I am thinkin' AA will come down by Apr/May.

AA leaves Miami at 12:05 pm--arrives Bonaire 3:13 pm. Very good--now for decent parking and an acceptable air price....
    Last edited by jimw; 12-18-2017 at 12:22 PM.

AA is only showing 5 flights to Bonaire, all Saturdays. June 9,16,23,30 and July 7.

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by thom View Post
    AA is only showing 5 flights to Bonaire, all Saturdays. June 9,16,23,30 and July 7.
    ?? I see flights every Saturday right on through November.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by tursiops View Post
    ?? I see flights every Saturday right on through November.

Pretty strange but, those flights don't show up for me flying out of Albuquerque with connecting flights. My flights would be Albuquerque-Dallas-Miami-Bonaire. From Dallas it works, from Albuquerque it doesn't. Apparently they have a bug in their system.

Anyway, thanks.

Pretty strange but, those flights don't show up for me flying out of Albuquerque with connecting flights. My flights would be Albuquerque-Dallas-Miami-Bonaire. From Dallas it works, from Albuquerque it doesn't. Apparently they have a bug in their system.

Anyway, thanks.
    Do the ABQ flights change their schedule after June so you don't make the connection in DFW?

Quote Originally Posted by tursiops View Post
    Do the ABQ flights change their schedule after June so you don't make the connection in DFW?
    No, they give me a variety of connections though. I can go through Phoenix if I want but that's out of the way.

Either way, I must overnight somewhere because I cannot get to Miami in time to make the flight unless I leave the previous day. I've been overnighting in CUR ever since American dropped their San Juan - Bonaire leg.

No, they give me a variety of connections though. I can go through Phoenix if I want but that's out of the way.

Either way, I must overnight somewhere because I cannot get to Miami in time to make the flight unless I leave the previous day. I've been overnighting in CUR ever since American dropped their San Juan - Bonaire leg.
    I'm not sure what you were looking at, but I see AA flights from ABQ all the way to BON, via MIA, every Fri, with some kind of overnight. Arrivals and returns are on Saturday.
    For example:
    Clipboard01.jpg