Thread: Scheduling question

Default Scheduling question

Hi all,

I think I know the answer but here goes the question:

We arrive this Sat in BON at 2PM. I am guessing by the time we get our bags, clear customs, and pick up the truck it'll be at least 3. Then on to the grocery store, over to the room at Sand Dollar, get checked in, oriented to the site, and unpacked which will be around 5 or later. Since DFB closes at 5, we shouldn't expect to be able get the orientation, Marine Park Tag, and checkout dive Sat, right? That'll have to happen Sunday morning?

Thanks!
    Larry

We are SO looking forward to this!!

All you can do is to ask. I say, skip all but the really necessary steps and get to the dive shop with $25. cash for the park tag asap.

There is a DFB right outside the airport at the Marriot on your way to Sand Dollar. Technically you are supposed to do a buoyancy check with them before they will issue a tag. You may have to go to their location at Yellow Submarine or at Dive Inn. Most of their locations open at 8AM Sunday.

I haven't had much problem getting my tag Saturday afternoon with a similar scenario. I use DFB at Hamlet Oasis (because it's close to where I stay). It's just a quick review of the marine park rules (if it's your first time), a chance to ask questions, pay for your tag, and a shore dive. The big grocery stores are open until 8 PM on Saturday, so it's not much of a rush. Some of the dive shops can be pretty hectic on Sunday mornings so I've found it worthwhile to get it done on Saturday if you want a quick start on Sunday diving. Good luck and have fun.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I think we're going to skip the grocery store for a later time and try to get to DFB ASAP. I'm really doubting we'll get there in time but we have a plan if we do.

Thanks again!

Dive Friends at Sand Dollar opens at 8:00 am, we have never had an issue going in first thing in the morning getting our tags and getting set up with them.

We usually just relax on the first day we arrive (usually at 3:00 Delta flight) get our truck, get some basic provisions at the store, get checked in and have a cocktail or 2 and hit it first thing the next morning.

Or just get the truck when you land go right to Dive Friends get signed up and get tag and then check into Sand Dollar. Do your check out dive the next morning.

Either way make it as relaxing as possible your on vacation

I like Williediver's plan......

replay from:
    2lstews diving partner and wife

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I also like WD plan, however after hydrating on flight down to Bonaire I feel it is my best interest not to drink and dive and just get all of the other things done and get up @ 7am, get a bite to eat with some extra special coffee @ Between 2 Buns and then be at Yellow Sub when they open and dive until I drop! Not that I am counting, but in 77 days will be back on Bonaire and staying this time for 4-weeks and cannot wait!

Cornhusker.