Thread: Who has live music and what nights and best local food

Kdleeskis2 is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker
    Colorado, Western Slope..the better slope

Default Who has live music and what nights and best local food

Okay, know I have been posting a lot, really excited to be there ��, and this might be the last one about dining and such, but who has best local food..fine or not and who had love music and when. Particularly, island type music but not necessary... if there is other types.... Shoot those off too. Thanks again!!

This steel drum band usually plays at the restaurant at Plaza resort on Wednesdays starting at sunset. I don't know how good the food is, but the music and setting is heavenly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU4fGaGazk4

Arawak on Sunday Afternoons -early evening. Very popular with the bonarians

When you say early evening..6pmish??And where is Arawak.? I'll try to find myself too . And the Plaza resort restaurant. Thx!!

Kate B is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

We just spent a great evening last night at Eddy's Bar and Restaurant (great food too) listening to TAFKAH (The Artist Formerly Known As Harry) play acoustic guitar and sing. He is amazing. He will also take requests (you call out the artist, he gets to choose the song.) He is a great entertainer, and we had a lot of fun calling out stuff from the 70s, 80s and up to the present day. He can play anything! He is there on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. (Eddy's is right in front of Sand Dollar condos, near the Hato roundabout.)
    Kate Butler
    "Ask Kate" real estate columnist for the Bonaire Reporter
    Real Estate Agent, RE/MAX Paradise Homes, Bonaire

arawak is located at puerto spano halfway between Playa and Rincon. It opens around noon -for local food-then live local music and dancing until 8pmish. Informal and very Bonairian.

can't rave about the Plaza food and altho steel band music is not a part of the culture - this band is incredible and should not be missed -just sit at the beach bar and dance on the beach under the stars.

many great krioyo restaurants -in Rincon is Posada para mira -on a hill with a 360 view of the valley -has local music on Sunday afternoon -maikey snack -fish at lac- - -etc. Can find complete list on line - -try our traditional iguana soup with funchi or kabrito stoba-but keep in mind -it is our cultural tradition to eat our hot meal at noon so the opening hours are generally from 11AM to 6PM

Quote Originally Posted by petri hausmann View Post
    arawak is located at puerto spano halfway between Playa and Rincon. It opens around noon -for local food-then live local music and dancing until 8pmish. Informal and very Bonairian.

can't rave about the Plaza food and altho steel band music is not a part of the culture - this band is incredible and should not be missed -just sit at the beach bar and dance on the beach under the stars.

many great krioyo restaurants -in Rincon is Posada para mira -on a hill with a 360 view of the valley -has local music on Sunday afternoon -maikey snack -fish at lac- - -etc. Can find complete list on line - -try our traditional iguana soup with funchi or kabrito stoba-but keep in mind -it is our cultural tradition to eat our hot meal at noon so the opening hours are generally from 11AM to 6PM
    Thank you thank you!! All of you. I think I saw iguana soup on La guerca (sp) menu too. Can't wait!