Thread: PADI question

Kdleeskis2 is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker
    Colorado, Western Slope..the better slope

Default PADI question

Have a friend who is doing her PADI classroom and her pool courses in the state and was wondering if anyone would do open water certification there and if so, how much would it cost? Thanks in Advance.

We have had several friends use that approach to get certified. . They used Wanna Dive ,Bonaire . You really have to contact them directly and ask them the price and get dive times set up . It isn't that cost affective to do it that way but sure saves time on Bonaire not sitting watching video's while you can be diving.

Contact several dive shops on Bonaire and see who will give you the best price. Dive Friends , Vip divers . etc. There is a list of dive shops on www.infobonair.com

Julia is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Having looked at Wannadive website I think it will be around $250 dollars and that includes equipment. Bob and I have used Wannadive for quite a few years now and have had excellent service. However your friend needs to look at dive shops near where she is staying. In my view most of the dive shops on Bonaire are good.

Most of the dive ops that work with resorts (or are the resort) will do that. When you find the place you want to stay, ask them about their operation.

Any PADI teaching status instructor can do this, but given they have to have access to tanks and you may be needing to rent gear you'll probably want to sign into a resort or full service dive center. PADI has a search facility that will list all dive centers on Bonaire https://apps.padi.com/scuba-diving/dive-shop-locator/

If you look at the dive center websites and the pricing is not obvious, try to find their full price list. Often a 'referral' course is not listed front and center on a website, only the full price list for everything.

$250 is the price for the center I use too (Dive Friends Bonaire) and they will offer you a discount on any rentals you need after the course, for your follow up dives. This kind of deal might help offset the additional cost involved in a referral. I would review all options using the link above and look out for this kind of deal.
    Owner, AquaVilla @ Waterlands Village (#6)
    PADI Instructor #374823