Thread: Walking to new Marriott

Julia is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Default Walking to new Marriott

Do you think we can walk from the airport to the new Marriott with our luggage or is it too far or too risky? I can't remember if there are any paths round there. We are coming in on the evening KLM flight and don't want to get a taxi if we don't have to. Thanks

It's a $10 3min cab ride vs. a sprained ankle or getting run over in the dark. I would not walk the road in the dark or walk the rocky unpaved shoulder - no sidewalks. It's maybe a 10min walk but I still think a cab is smarter.

No Paths , The Marriott should have a pick up service. If not take a cab. Only $10 and it will be worth it.

Too risky at night.

wwguy is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

+1 for taking a taxi. The hotel's website clearly states that they don't offer shuttle service. On foot it's 3/4 mile (1.2 km) along a narrow road with dirt shoulder and no sidewalks.

gbf is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

And thorn bushes with thorns that snicker at Kevlar.
    Brad Ford

Quote Originally Posted by gbf View Post
    And thorn bushes with thorns that snicker at Kevlar.
    Great comment!

trtippins is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

A few Marriott Customers have complained about the cab service ie. that they did not show up to take them to the airport. The Marriott management said they were sorry and they have upgraded, improved the experience to get to the airport. If Marriott reads this how did you improve getting a 3 minute ride to the airport. I usually stay at Buddy Dive and have never had any problems with cab rides to the airport. Have also rented from AB Carrental and have never had a problem. Would like to stay at the Marriott but don't want to risk not getting to the airport / not walking on the hightway in the dark to get to the airport.

Julia is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

The Marriott is so close to the airport that I think if you go to the front desk and ask them to call a cab for you the wait should not be very long.