Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a Favor

Default Need a Favor

After an eight year hiatus, I've finally gone back to finish my novel, a murder mystery that takes place on Bonaire. I have two re-writes to do, then it'll be off to agents and publishers around March, 2018.

One of the deaths in the book takes place at Karpata.

I'm hoping someone on the island can help me out. I need a rather detailed description of the stairs that run down to the shore. After 100+ dives at the site, for the life of me, I can't picture how many stairs there actually is. I just automatically gear up and head for the water. The trip down the satirs just seems like a blurry, non-event.

I'd need to know how many stairs there are in each section. I know the staircase turns once or twice.

If someone is at Karpata, could you please count the stairs, guess at the height of the wall that acts like a railing alongside the stairs, and look at the number of turns the staircase makes. If possible, just respond to this post with the numbers.

I'd be very grateful. Can't promise anything other than a copy of the book.

BTW, I'll be looking for volunteers as Beta readers in about three months. I'd prefer folks who read crime mysteries on a regular basis. I'd really like someone in law enforcement (hint hint DiveSargent!).

Thanks everyone! We're hoping to return in late March, 2018.

Dive on Friends,

Dave & Leslie.

Hi Dave, does an avid Nelson de Mille reader/fan count as qualification as a Beta reader? oh and I am a founder member of PRA
    Last edited by ModRoy; 09-16-2017 at 12:58 PM. Reason: PRA strikes again :-D
    PRA & ET Inc
    Proof Readers Anonymous & Extreme Testers

You bet, Roy! I'll add you to the list.

Thanks!!

Dave.

Hi Dave,
    Will be on the island starting in October and would be happy to help if I can!
    Jon

you sure Karpata?? sounds like 1000 steps to me.

Hey Dave,

I'll be honored to beta the book for you! I can't speak to what Bonaire PD do for investigative techniques, but some things are universal in my world. And, if anyone is getting rubbed out with a firearm I can help with anything related to that.

Cheers,
    DS

randl is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I think the total is 77. Not sure how many of those are in the first segment - 6, maybe?

Julia is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

How about a keen retired English teacher , English as in nationality and subject ?

that is 1000 steps not karpata and the total steps are 79 .

Hi dave
    Ive been telling people for years its 72 steps.. Now I feel the need to recount. Im sure ill pass by 100 steps in the next week, ill count them out for you.