Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a Favor

Hey Folks,

I've been to Bonaire 25 times. Dove 1000 Steps dozens of times, and Karpate probably 100+ times. I'm fully aware of the difference. There are steps at Karpata, I just don't remember how many or the configuration/turns. And yes, the stairs do make at least one turn.

Julia -- I'll put you on the list. A copy edit would be great! I do pretty good with grammar, verb tense, and such, but I really need a pair of eyes to watch for such things as passive voice, unnecessary words, and such.

DS-- you're on the list. And yes, there's a person (or two or three) rubbed out with a firearm. I think you'll be surprised at my knowledge on that matter. I'd be looking to you for your general LEO insights. I have a few insights regarding the Bonaire PD. I have/had an acquaintance on the island who was an inspector with the police department. I picked his brain a few times. We'll talk more later.

I'll PM everyone with more specifics in a few months when the manuscript is ready for beta readers. Just getting things lined up right now.

Thanks, everyone, for the feedback on input.

Dave.

Hi Dave
    yep a few steps there as well. I think we all think about lugging the gear at 100 steps..
    Im heading to the park in the morning, Ill see if I can take the tourist road and count them out for you.

Thanks ChrisandSu. I appreciate the help.

Dave.

DrDirector is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

How about a retired rocket scientist as a beta reader? Enjoy mystery novels but also most action novels. Would love to help you out. 29 trips to Bonaire over 21 years. Worked with John Gilstrap (author of action novels featuring Jonathan Grave) when John was a safety engineer at our company. Have not seen him in years but do enjoy his works as many places he fictionalizes in his novels are easily identified by people who live in my area (notwithstanding John who lives in the same neighborhood as two of our friends). Also enjoy many other authors. You can PM me for more info.

Mark

Hi Dave
    couple days late, Island time
    from the bottom, 2 steps to the first landing,turn left, 11 step to the second landing, turn right, 12 steps till the top .

ChrisandSU -- thanks for the info. That's exactly what I needed!!

I proof read Crime novels for a fried of mine who is finishing hit 8th book. I don't do editing, Just ready for feedback and continuity. I also do digital and security consulting for a few publishing companies, again, I don't find spelling errors, I provided continuity and suggestions based on real world technology and limitations. I would love to read your book, I would read in advance if you would like, or I can wait and buy the book when you make it available. Please make sure to share a link to purchase your book in as many places as you can think of.

BTW, marketing a book without a publisher is very very hard. Getting a publisher is harder (and they get most of the $$).