Thread: Need Some Suggestions on Where to Rent a Condo

Cool Need Some Suggestions on Where to Rent a Condo

Hi, I'm hoping to get some suggestions from people here who have more experience vacationing on Bonaire than we do. We're looking a 2 bedroom condo to rent for a week. We'd like something right on the water with a dive shop close by or on site. Also, would like something with air conditioning in bedrooms & the living room. Also at least a washing machine (a dryer would be awesome too, but I'm finding they're pretty much non-existent on Bonaire!) Also looking for something that's updated or a newer complex. Any suggestions where to start looking?? Thanks so much!!

Start by googling "Bonaire property management companies". There are a few. I've rented from Sunbelt and Bonaire Ocean Front Villas, and both were great to deal with.

As far as where to rent: The last place we stayed was the Elegancia Del Caribe. It's right on the water, right in Kralendijk, and walking distance to a Dive Friends outlet. We found it to be ideal. It's also a nice comfortable modern building. AC, pool, nice furnishings, all appliances, deck overlooking the ocean etc. Definitely recommended.

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

ok so when are you planning your stay--also washer might be in the cards but a dryer is unlikely. Many of the places we have stayed have drying racks that work really nicely. How many people and any kids or all adults? We are making 14th trip in January and have stayed lots of places around Bonaire including condos and private houses. It is fun to be ocean side but some of the villas in the hills around Crown Terrace have views that we find more enjoyable that waterfront. Everyone a diver and are you planning on renting a dive truck to get around Bonaire to visit the dive sites?

Cornhusker

We have stayed here a few times. It's across from the airport and dive friends is at the end of the property
    https://www.vrbo.com/321189#datepicker
    chris

Hi Laurie,

We have:

Kas di Amor - 2 bedroom house with airco & ceiling fans, and ceiling fan & portable fans in living room. It is located property from the ocean, close to town. Dunk tank, private dive lockers, outside shower, outside kitchen with gas bbq & sink, hammocks, sunbeds, outside clothes line. There is a LG front loader available for use. 1 load a week is free, additional loads are $10 each. House gets serviced midweek and weekly with fresh sheets & towels.

Casa Topana - 2 bedroom oceanfront house is an authentic Bonairean home. 2nd bedroom is access through the first bedroom. Airco & ceiling fans in bedroom. Ceiling fans in living & dining room. No washer available.

Kas Kibrahacha - 2 bedroom condo in Hamlet Oasis resort. Airco throughout. Ocean is 150 ft away.

Sunny regards,
    Su & Chris
    Treasure By The Sea Bonaire
    info@treasurebytheseabonaire

Look at Sand Dollar

Sorry have to be safe for our Users, I have deleted the Link to Sand Dollar

My Virus Checker (GDATA 2017 Security, fully paid up!) has Flagged/blocked this Website due to suspected Virus content
    Last edited by ModRoy; 09-20-2017 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Link deleted due to suspect Virus

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

we have stayed a few times at Sand Dollar units, waterfront units by Andrea 1 and different "high rise" units down south like Bellevue and other properties--most recent for past 6+ years have been up in private houses in Crown Terrace and just have enjoyed it more that waterfront. Some things to look up is crime in certain units/areas and my friend Diver Chris can attest to having problems just like us. Be safe--leave rings and things of value at home and remember to keep your windows rolled down when parked at dive sites. We feel safe on Bonaire but we are aware of our surroundings---people are kind so be kind back. Hope you enjoy the trip and again if you let me know when you plan to be on Bonaire I will be happy to give you some recommendations--I am not a property owner so I have no dog in any fight.

Sadly yes my rental by Andreas I was broken into as we slept

Hi Laurie,
    I've found this is a great forum for this kind of advice. I've vacationed on Bonare 12 years and just last month came here to live. I've stayed at a friend's appartment at Caribbean Court and recomend it thoroughly. It has everything you're looking for except airco in the living room, but with the cross breezes ceiling fans it's nice. The best thing is the screened-in terrace, so you can enjoy a cool, mosquito-free dinner on the balcony in the evening. It's ovelooking the water with a dive shop on the property (DivOvean). The security is good, and nice that's it not on the first floor as I hear break-ins don't happen on upper stories. I like that it's next to the Plaza resort for easy access to the beach http://breezybonaire.com/breezy-loft/ If you inquire, please let Marji know I recommended her. Jeyna