Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for new places

Default looking for new places

Hi,

We've stayed at Sanddollar many times and are looking for a possible change. We would like easy ocean shore dive access (no steps), screened and also air-conditioned units. The screened porches are great. SD is OK, but would like to try a change. Drive up parking at the unit is also desirable. On site boat diving would be great also. What has most of these items?
    Thanks so much.
    Rich

Have you thought about Buddy dive, or Caribbean club? They are both 2 really nice resorts that have Ocean view and a great dive shop set up. Drive thru service etc.

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Divi has all of what you described and is on the south end of downtown, easy walking to Karel's, restaurants, shops, etc.
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32

I second the Divi Flamingo.

I'd have to go with DIVI also, has everything plus what you are looking for! :-)
    R.A.

Thanks all for the great replies. I've looked at some places this past week while on Bonaire, but missed the Divi. Will have to check it out. It seems really rare to have screens and nearly unknown for screened porches, which provide such a nice place to hang out and avoid the mosquitos. Also great for drying wetsuits with a breeze through and through.
    Just flew back today (6am is so early to leave) and have never seen such an empty airplane, and no one was in newark immigration or customs at all. Seemed like everyone on the plane had a row to himself, and the customs people were just waiting for some passengers to show up.

Likewise, we most often stayed at Sand Dollar; when there were two couples it was easier to rationalize the cost. Now, travelling with my adult daughter, we decided to try a new approach and have booked an Airbnb apartment at Beyond the Corals, near Bachelor Beach.

Good Mornin... We have stayed at the Divi Flamingo resort for the past 17 years and love it. The food is good and the dive shop run by Serge is outstanding. You can dive right off the beach right in front of the rooms. Where we stay there is actually a bbq to use too. We'll be there again next March along with our friends we see each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob T View Post
    Good Mornin... We have stayed at the Divi Flamingo resort for the past 17 years and love it. The food is good and the dive shop run by Serge is outstanding. You can dive right off the beach right in front of the rooms. Where we stay there is actually a bbq to use too. We'll be there again next March along with our friends we see each year.
    Itís been a long time since I checked the Divi apartments but my recollection is that they didnít have cooking facilities. Am I wrong or have things changed?

Good Mornin. It's a 3 burner bbq and it does great grilling we usually use it a couple of times a week. Here's a photo of the bbq behind the pool. I bring a scrub brush too...DSCN0014.jpg