Thread: We made it! We now live on Bonaire and are legal residents !

Kate B is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Cool We made it! We now live on Bonaire and are legal residents !

Hi everyone,

Many, MANY thanks to all the posters on this board. Although I haven't posted much (I mostly had questions,) I eagerly read every post I could during the past 8 months in anticipation of our move from California to Bonaire.

And now - we're residents! We started the process of obtaining our sedulas in February, received our official letter of approval in April, and received the sedula cards when we moved to the island the last week in July.

We are so incredibly happy to be here, and are still pinching ourselves every weekend when we don't have to get on a plane to go home.

My husband Ian and I took detailed notes of every step of every procedure it took to move here, so finally we can contribute something back to this board! And since I now live on the island, happy to answer whatever questions I can.

Thank you all again for this wonderful board and the great people who gave us advice. We're happy to pay it forward.

All the best,
    Kate
    Kate Butler
    "Ask Kate" real estate columnist for the Bonaire Reporter
    Real Estate Agent, RE/MAX Paradise Homes, Bonaire

Kate. My wife, Anne, and I look forward to meeting you and Ian. We will close soon and are also moving, full time, on island to give back to the people, the land, and the marine life we love so much. I'm sure we'd love to hear your recent experiences in all that we are just starting.

That's awesome! We're planning to move but it may still take a couple more years.

Awesome news! My wife and I fantasize about doing the same thing all the time, hopefully we'll get to do that as well!

Congrats.

You'll have to change your handle to "BonParrotHead!"

Quote Originally Posted by FlaParrotHead View Post
    Kate. My wife, Anne, and I look forward to meeting you and Ian. We will close soon and are also moving, full time, on island to give back to the people, the land, and the marine life we love so much. I'm sure we'd love to hear your recent experiences in all that we are just starting.
    Hi guys!
    Ian and I look forward to meeting you on the island! Let us know if we can help with any info during your move.

Best,
    Kate
    Kate Butler

Neptune Nick wrote:
    "You'll have to change your handle to "BonParrotHead!"

Hahah! Just last night we had friends over who bought places on Bonaire and decided to change their names to suit their island life. Cathy is now "Cati" and Jean is trying on "Gia." There's a fun game - what would be everyone's island name?

All the best,
    Kate
    Last edited by Kate B; 08-18-2017 at 09:09 AM. Reason: quote didn't show
    Kate Butler

So happy for you, Kate! My hubby and I are currently planning to move within 3 years from Detroit. This forum is a treasure trove of information! We crave the lifestyle changes, the changes to our environment. We’re planning to learn Dutch and Papiamento while we prepare... This cannot happen soon enough!