Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nonstop EWR to Bonaire United price hasn't changed?

Default Nonstop EWR to Bonaire United price hasn't changed?

I've been tracking flight 3/3-3/17/2018 and it hasn't changed in months $1202! Usually it goes u and down and is cheaper now. I'm afraid not to make reservation but that's way high. Any suggestions?

Hello,
    I've been tracking United from Ewr since May. I was able to get it My tix at $1108- business class and my husband's $253 more( I purchased his 5 mins after mine). I check with Yapta daily and was lucky enough for the price to drop back down to $1108 within the 24 hr refund/zero penalty time and United gave me the refund on the price difference on my husband's tix. I would continue to check your flight on Yapta and grab it when it drops. I don't believe it will go down lower $1000.
    best of luck

True, the prices with united are just getting higher and higher. Ridiculous. We are looking for april and it is not much better for prices. We like the EWR route also. Delta is offering fairly reasonable rates but overnighting in atlanta for a sunday flight. We are going in october thru newark and it is almost $300-$400 cheaper than april. Go figure!

I'm still wishing someone would launch a nonstop from Florida. American from MIA or Spirit from FLL --- maybe one day - they'd fly full, year round.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaParrotHead View Post
    I'm still wishing someone would launch a nonstop from Florida. American from MIA or Spirit from FLL --- maybe one day - they'd fly full, year round.
    Spirit is not a good airline. I won't fly them...
    Tom Schamp

You can go to the JetBlue website and there is an area to suggest a new route. A number of us have already.

Quote Originally Posted by Suuntodiver View Post
    True, the prices with united are just getting higher and higher. Ridiculous. We are looking for april and it is not much better for prices. We like the EWR route also. Delta is offering fairly reasonable rates but overnighting in atlanta for a sunday flight. We are going in october thru newark and it is almost $300-$400 cheaper than april. Go figure!
    April is prime early spring - Easter and all - Spring breaks everywhere. PRIME TIME. October is hurricane season around most of the Caribbean, kids are back in school, no school or work breaks.

Hi, I would just keep checking. We booked our tickets to Bonaire FEB 2018 (BOS-BON) back in July, but the flight home was ridiculous $1,160.00, the economy section said "sold out", so I didn't book our return trip. Every now and then I check the United website, but it was always the same. But yesterday when I checked there were 4 economy tickets available at $765.00 pp, so I purchased them. After ticketing I checked back and once again the economy section was sold out and the economy select fare increased to $1,461.00.

We are traveling during school vacation week, but this is the most we have ever paid for airfare, luckily we use miles. Still crazy prices.

For what it's worth, we have been looking at the United airfares through Newark for months. Last year we paid about $675/ticket. Today, we finally booked our flights, but at a price of $1038/ticket. Our plan was to stay for 6 wks (we own a condo at Sand Dollar), but the ticket price was an additional $350 to stay the extra week, almost all of the extra being caused by the return flight on Feb. 24 which is listed at about $950 all by itself. Checking today, there were not even any tickets available for the return flight except for business class. However, a look at the seating chart for that flight shows that most are still not reserved. I do not understand why the return flight is so expensive on this particular weekend nor do I understand why the overall prices are so high when so many seats are not reserved. Maybe it's just a game of chicken and we flinched first.

Larry, I notice the same thing...the problem on my end was the connecting flight it was almost sold out when I finally pulled the trigger. Feb 24th is school vacation week in the northeast, so that may be the reason for the high airfare...I have no idea, but it is ridiculous.