Thread: All Inclusive

Default All Inclusive

As a gift to myself for the my 60th birthday, I am planning a dive trip to Bonaire which I hope to take in the next 12 months. Since I plan on spending a lot of time diving and snorkeling, most any accommodations work for me. But, my wife, a non-diver, wants to stay at an all-inclusive, preferably with good exercise equipment. Any recommendations on an all-inclusive with a good dive shop or in proximity to a good dive shop? Also, I enjoy wildlife photography, any recommendations on a good preserve or sanctuary to visit? I have never been to Bonaire before, so any info is appreciated. Marlen

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

You may not have picked the best island to go to. I believe the only affordable all-inclusive is Plaza Resort; plus Harbor Village may be all-inclusive, but is very pricey.
    PR has a fitness center under renovation: https://www.plazaresortbonaire.com/e...clusive/active
    HV has something, not sure what.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Many resorts offer a meal package effectively making them all inclusive..........

First time on Bonaire , I would recommend Buddy Dive. They have a bar and restaurants there but probably only breakfast included.
    You can snorkel and dive from the shore . The dive shop is right by the ocean. For your wife there is a nice gym across the road which is separate from Buddy Dive.

The plaza resort is the only all -inclusive resort. It is not like an all-inclusive in Mexico. They serve 3 meals a day in the same place and they have one busy bar .
    The gym is very old . The snorkeling there is the best on the island. The diving is not as convenient there since the dive shop is a long ways from the ocean.

Look at trip advisor and read the reviews of Buddy Dive , the plaza and other resorts.

Good Luck and you will love going to Bonaire.

Hi Marlen, My wife and I have stayed at the Divi Flamingo since 2000. They have different packages to check out. The atmosphere is great on the property along with the staff too. The food is great at their restaurants. And.. if have desire too. You can use their BBQ because our rooms by the dive shop have a full kitchen. You will Love Bonaire Marlen. It's a slow paced island to relax and turn your brain off.

Thanks Bob T., how do there prices compare to other resorts, and is there good diving at the resort. Did you rent a pickup for transportation to other dive spots? Marlen

Hi Marlen... I'm not sure on the price idea. But..... you can dive right off the dock at the dive shop. The dive shop people are fantastic and the water is so warm diving lol. We've never rented a pickup but right on the property there is a rental place right near the restaurant lol. Have Fun.

We also stay at The Divi Flamingo. We generally get a room with a kitchenette so we can cook breakfasts and the occasional dinner in. We don't dive, buut you can dive right out in front, as Bob T said, and there's a Hertz rental place right in the resort (I use them, as I need an automatic transmission, and may of the smaller car rental places only have manual). I make a reservation in advance online. The Divi also has boat dives , so if you decide not to rent a vehicle, you can dive other spots than just out front. Enjoy Bonaire, it's a special place. My wife and I are not going this year as we're going to Hawaii instead (our 30th anniversary this year), but we're already planning for our trip back in 2018!