Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Klein Day Trip

Default Klein Day Trip

We have been diving Bonaire for many years, but have never made it over to Klein. We primarily do shore dives. That being said, we would like to take a trip to Klein, maybe just enjoy the beach for a day or snorkel. Not really wanting to dive Klein. Any suggestions on best way to visit Klein without diving?

There are or used to be boat rentals where you can rent a boat and go over on your own. I have always thought about doing this. We have dove on many of Klein sites by boat through Capt Dons. It is usually on there schedule at least once a day for one of their three daily 1 tank dives and usually in the PM. Diving Klein and seeing Klein and Bon by boat is worth doing as well.

thanks, good info. if we do the water taxi can we take ice chest with drinks and snorkel gear ?

We took the water taxi on our last trip. We had no issues bringing beer/snacks/snorkel gear.

Make sure to bring cash to pay the fare. It's a pleasant boat trip, and an excellent beach to relax on.

For snorkeling Klein, you can always book on the Woodwind. Dee and her crew are great, and you'll see quite a bit snorkeling over there with her.

I really appreciate the feedback. I have seen the Woodwind, and we have considered this, but while the snorkeling and ride out would be great, we probably would not spend anytime on the beach, is this correct. If we do the water taxi, I am guessing we could have beach time, but is the snorkeling good off the beach ? In the perfect world, we would like to spend an hour or two on the beach, and about the same snorkeling.

The beach is really nice. I recall the snorkeling is good but maybe a little deep right off the beach. I'm not sure what's to be had in reasonable walking distance though!

IMO the beach is nice enough that it's totally worth it.

Yeah, the Woodwind would be snorkeling only. If you want beach time then the water taxi is the way to go. I haven't snorkeled the beach side (west side) of the island, but I do hear it's deeper than the east side of Klein, where you would snorkel with the Woodwind.

Here is some info on a boat rental. Seems reasonably priced and if you have experience operating small boats it might be a nice option. http://www.bonaireboatrentals.net/p/...amp%3B-lessons