Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Klein Day Trip

thanks all for the great info. Has anyone snorkeled the beach side, and if so, how is it? Sounds like we may need to decide between beach and snorkel. If we do the beach, is there anything there other than the beach ? Any shade or chairs, or any refreshments available ?

Julia is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

The snorkelling is lovely with plenty to see. There are no facilities at all so you need to take everything with you. I think some of the boats that do trips have chairs and umbrellas that you can hire, Seacow perhaps.

As I said the snorkeling is good at the beach, but it's a bit deeper where the reef starts. Nothing available there, bring everything with you. If I recall correctly there are a couple huts for shade, but you may have to share - usually not a problem.

larrygross is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

The other way you can snorkel is by hiking west, there's a path, for a fair distance and you'll come to a couple of dive sites marked by buoys where you can hunt for a way in without damaging anything, and the same for getting out. You can do the same in the other direction, back toward town, and then snorkel to the beach. We've done both and they are very good, the latter being the same as the drift dive the sea taxis used to let you do, but I don't think they will anymore, and of course it wouldn't work with your beach stuff.

thanks all for the great info.

We've done Woodwind trip on our first visit to Bonaire - absolutely amazing. Tempted to do it again at some point. Second time, we've done boat diving - ok, but in our opinion it wasn't any better than other dive sites. On our last trip we took water taxi and went there for half a day. Like others described - you can walk west for a while and then drift snorkel back to the beach - it's really nice. And towards the end of the day we had almost whole beach to ourselves - couldn't see anyone else

thanks Andy, that has me leaning toward the water taxi and half day beach and snorkeling.

We take the Caribe Watersports water taxi from Eden Beach and do the drift snorkel to the beach. They drop you off at the beach where you unload all your gear (as much as you want). Then you get back on the boat as it heads back. Then they drop you off in the water at a designated spot, and you drift snorkel from there back No Name Beach. It is a beautiful snorkel, about 45 minutes. The boat goes out 3 times a day and returns 2 hours later, so you can return on any of the return trips. I think there's an extra trip on weekend mornings, but weekends tend to be a bit busy. Lots of locals take the boat over to picnic for the day.

thanks hallerdodd, that sounds like the best idea for what we want to do.