Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Airfares---Really higher than ever!

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Default 2018 Airfares---Really higher than ever!

We flying out of Kansas City and normally have booked flights [United with 1-stop in Houston night arrival] already but not now--no price reductions so looking @ Delta and stay overnight at ATL. If anyone has flown Delta I am concerned about leavings bags at airport overnight is there a way to confirm early in the day that your bags are loaded on the plane or not? Reason I ask is others have stated problems with overnight stops and missing luggage and just wanted to see if a real problem or just isolated. I can fly 1st class down [does require overnight @ 100 bucks @ Motel 6] but with new luggage rules it seems travelers are paying if they wear a coat! We staying for 4-weeks and bring along majority of meals so 70lbs on 4-bags helps out a lot.

Anyone input welcome as always and getting ready to start the countdown for January departure!

We fly Delta and spend the night in Atlanta. They would not let us check our bags all the way thru so we just take them with us to the Marriot at the convention center.
    It is very convenient since you take the sky train there. Don't have to wait on any shuttles.

You do have to get to the international terminal but it only takes about 20 min. Checking in was a problem last Dec. 26th. Huge lines. WE wished we would have done the curb side check in.

We have done the delta flight and have had no problem checking and rechecking the bags. We have taken the shuttle to our hotel a few times because we wanted to do the aquarium, which is awesome by the way. No problems at all but stretch is right, the lines are horrible.

staggs is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker View Post
    We flying out of Kansas City and normally have booked flights [United with 1-stop in Houston night arrival] already but not now--no price reductions so looking
    Seems like prices have been averaging around $250/pp higher for the last year for us for flights into Bonaire...which adds up quite fast. This year we are skipping Bonaire which I'm not to happy about, but we did a Belize trip and are getting ready to head to Little Cayman.

We too are passing on Bonaire as the flights out of Canada are dreadful. Sadly it's cheaper to fly to Maui.

Chris, you should read this: https://www.infobonaire.com/special-...ed-by-sunwing/

Quote Originally Posted by DiverChris View Post
    We too are passing on Bonaire as the flights out of Canada are dreadful. Sadly it's cheaper to fly to Maui.

Might be cheaper to fly to Maui but you will definitely miss bonaires shore diving.

Agreed shore diving is rather nice. Maui does have shore diving but not as nice as Bonaire. Thank you for the sunwing information. I checked Sunwing's page and it is not showing Bonaire flights yet. Something to look into being a direct flight versus United or Delta.

We too have been passing on Bon as much as we love it. Waiting for the day there will be reasonable fares again. When we get to CUR, Provo and GC for under $300 it is hard to justify $650-$1,500 for Bon, especially when traveling as a family. Our first trip to Bon in 2009 had nonstop from JFK for under $400.

Has anyone used the Delta RFID bag tracker? Here is the Delta bag track link and an article.

https://www.delta.com/baggage/BaggageTracking.action

http://crankyflier.com/2011/04/21/yo...me-like-fedex/

Joe