Thread: Waterlands Village

Default Waterlands Village

Does anyone have intel on Waterlands Village?

We're considering renting there, but would appreciate information from someone with firsthand knowledge (good or bad) before we commit.

Thanks.

Hello,
    Ive stayed there twice. The houses are nice but the ones we stayed in lacked a washing machine but had a dishwasher which I thought was odd as really only two
    people can stay there.
    Every unit is quiet and private due to the layout and all of the vegetation. However, once the sun sets the critters come
    out hunting forhuman flesh and blood!
    I found the bedding to be basic and uncomfortable
    after a week.
    if there were memory foam beds in the units I would
    not hesitate in staying there again

Full disclosure...I own here as per the sig.

The units were originally built as short term vacation rental, which is where the idea of not having a washing machine comes in. Not sure why that's odd, it's no different to any other accommodation designed for short term while also benefitting from a full kitchen over a kitchenette. Some units are now used more for longer term rentals however and thus have installed laundry. Dishwashers are in place for those who just don't want to do it by hand I guess.

There are one, two and three bed units at Waterlands for between two and six people to stay. Similar furnishings in each one, but as the units are individually/privately owned variations have been introduced over time. Thus far we've never had a complaint about bedding.

There are no critters here that are unique to Waterlands and most units have some configuration of screens and/or nets above beds. We have both.
    Owner, AquaVilla @ Waterlands Village (#6)
    PADI Instructor #374823

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

We have know Chris for some years and would believe his comments to be accurate. If you want to stay a week might be ok but if longer many more options exists and you need to look carefully on what they list as options for the property. We once rented a house for big trip for 2-weeks with our kids and said full kitchen so trusted the realty company....no oven!!!!!! We normally bring food for evening meals to cut costs and ended up buying a grill and enjoyed lasagna ala grilled along with meatloaf and other family meals..just took longer to get cooked so more run from ZunKong and pool time was in order.

Critters exist on any island but owners need to spray on a regular basis and you can tell the ones that do and well worth a little extra rent. Love the island and people and heading back for month in January 2018 so let me know how long you plan to stay and when and perhaps I can be of help to you as it will be our 15th trip. Plan to retire late in 2018 and next trip will be for 2-3 months and will look at longer term options.

Cornhusker.

I also am an owner at Waterlands. ..

Pros --
    Very Secure -gated community
    On site manager
    Waterfall at the pool -comes on 4:30 - 6:00 every evening
    Full kitchen
    Outdoor shower (great for divers)
    Far more beautiful inside than it looks from the road
    Close to airport (noise is not a problem)
    Location is great
    Well maintained property
    Mix of long term renters and short term renters staying there

Cons:
    Not directly on the ocean
    Mosquitos can be a problem if there is a lot of rain
    Some units don't have screens

Stretch: Thanks for the honesty.

We are on the fence as we've read several comments about mosquitos during rainy season.

We'll certainly check on screens.

We were planning on coming in August, but now are thinking October to avoid the hottest months and lack of tradewinds in August & September.

Annapolis, Maryland and Santa Barbara, Bonaire

We own on Bonaire and have been there most months. October is no cooler than August or September. In fact, October 2007 was likely our warmest trip ever. Our dive computers showed the water averaging 86 with the coolest reading of 84 once at depth.
    owner - Casa Bunita Bista

Just to comment on october being cooler. We also own on bonaire on ocean front property but we have found that october really is not cooler. In fact, it can be one of the hottest months. As far as the skeeters, if it rains they come, so rent where you have screens. It is an island....so enjoy.

Last year Aug. and Sept still had wind. Then Oct. the wind stopped and it was warm.
    I would stick with going in August . But either way , hopefully you will be in the water
    diving and snorkeling. Enjoy it all.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Last year Aug. and Sept still had wind. Then Oct. the wind stopped and it was warm.
    I would stick with going in August . But either way , hopefully you will be in the water
    diving and snorkeling. Enjoy it all.
    The Only disadvantage to august is be aware that that a great majority of local business close for the month for vacation.