Thread: Costco CITI card will cover pickup rentals in Bonaire!

Default Costco CITI card will cover pickup rentals in Bonaire!

I was looking at the benefits of the Costco Citi Visa card and they define a rental car as: "A rental car is a motor vehicle with at least four wheels that is designed to be driven on public roads."

I called to clarify whether they cover pickups and they said YES - and volunteered to send me an email that confirmed that. The rental period must not be more than 31 days, and not used as a for-hire vehicle. Of course it does not cover personal injury or personal liability. I believe this is the same level of coverage for which we have been paying $19.95 to AMEX per car rental.

Does the CITI/Costco card offer insurance? That is the primary appeal of Amex's $20. thing--it is the full insurance cost, as I understand it....

I believe if you read the fine print for the AMEX Premium insurance, it covers 42 days. There is also two levels of coverage $19.95 and $24.95. As I recall the more expensive plan has higher medical levels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    I was looking at the benefits of the Costco Citi Visa card and they define a rental car as: "A rental car is a motor vehicle with at least four wheels that is designed to be driven on public roads."

I called to clarify whether they cover pickups and they said YES - and volunteered to send me an email that confirmed that. The rental period must not be more than 31 days, and not used as a for-hire vehicle. Of course it does not cover personal injury or personal liability. I believe this is the same level of coverage for which we have been paying $19.95 to AMEX per car rental.