Thread: buying a car in Bonaire

Default buying a car in Bonaire

When you're buying a car, how do you know that the person selling it to you is really the owner? In the US, they would have the title to sign over to you, and you can ask for ID. It seems like they're a lot more casual here, but back home in the US, my mom bought a car at a Honda dealership and they didn't actually have the title and it was a mess. It's on my mind I want to avoid buying a stolen car also.

Flower Mound Tx. ( 2 miles from DFW airport)

Default Buying car

Quote Originally Posted by wishing4wind View Post
    When you're buying a car, how do you know that the person selling it to you is really the owner? In the US, they would have the title to sign over to you, and you can ask for ID. It seems like they're a lot more casual here, but back home in the US, my mom bought a car at a Honda dealership and they didn't actually have the title and it was a mess. It's on my mind I want to avoid buying a stolen car also.
    I have bought 3 cars in bonaire over the past 9 yrs. have sold one .yes a little different here. The insurance records or a good start. Two of the cars I bought were from rentals. The other was from an individual and we went together to change over insurance at Ennia. Insurance seems to be like the title.

If if I can be of any help please email me. Spb1102@aol.com I actually share two trucks with an another couple that visits different time. Has worked out great.
    Mike