Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: our Confidence wreck dive Bonaire

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker View Post
    ok double digit trips to Bonaire and diving all around an never ever have I known about this dive site. So from all I gather the boat is 55' down some place "north?" of entrance into harbor village....or am I all messed up? Only way I guess to make the dive is starting way down by something special as don't believe HV is going let you walk to their beautiful beach from the trick all loaded up with gear. Help me anyone is there is an entrance other than the only one I can think of at this time.

Thanks all and DiverChris hope you and lovely wife are having a good time up north!

Cornhusker
    You can get there from Something Special by following a rope that is along the bottom, or by entering through WannaDive at Eden Beach and swimming past HV and then going down the slope. It is right in the boat channel, so you don't want to surface there. There can be a wicked current to deal with, so if it is not good one day, maybe the next.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I recall that at times current can be bad so that is why we do not get too close to the entry and just play around the area. I recall [or think but not certain] when we have gotten closer to the entry area the slope goes up quickly but also believe there is a chain somewhere around that area, anyway I will give it a try! Encountered a very very strong current with wife one time and just decided to take a left at entry and avoid the current.

Thanks,

Cornhusker

I have dove this wreck numerous times. Most of the times I entered at something special, headed north to the end of the reef, followed the rope to the rock jetty at Harbour village then down to 55 feet to the wreck. Other times I entered near Coco beach ( old sunset beach hotel dive shop) and headed south. I prefer the something special entry because there's more reef along the way and I believe it is a shorter distance. Be careful diving on that wreck now because it is badly decayed with lots of jagged edges.

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Very nice, thank you.
    Have to go there next time

frattray is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Well it was certainly not looking so spiffy last week, thanks for this pic, now I can get an idea of her former self.

We did it as a scooter run down from Buddy Dive.