Thread: Opening hours grocery stores

Default Opening hours grocery stores

Hi everyone,

I have booked a vacation to Bonaire en will be flying in on march 25.
    We will touch ground at 8pm, barred delays, and was wondering about opening hours of the grocery stores?

Our group will be staying at the Sand Dollar, probably not arriving there before 9pm. Would be great if could do some groceries for breakfast next morning.

Thx.
    Erik.

to piggy back on Erik's question anyone know what day they restock? We normally head to Van-Twills [sp I know] but just wondering about restocking of the store as have forgotten from last year. Bread and lots of other items normally pretty good supply but some frozen/fridge items come in sometime in the week.

7-days to go and yes I am counting.

Royce & Mary

When we've gotten in late we've used Rene's service with great success, very reasonable and efficient: http://www.bonairepersonalshopper.com/

Van den Tweel Supermarket and Warehouse Bonaire Supermarket are open 8 AM to 8 PM 7 days a week, except Warehouse closes at 7 PM on Sundays. These are the two largest supermarkets, are owned by the same parent company, and have the longest opening hours. There are also several Chinese-owned markets around the island that have a good selection on American-style baked, dry, and canned food items. But our experience has been that their selection of meat, produce, and dairy items is fairly limited. There's a list of grocery stores and hours in this FAQ thread. I'm not aware of any supermarkets open after 8 PM.

For Royce, we just returned from 3 weeks on the island and shopped regularly for groceries. (We prepared all but one of our meals at our villa on this trip.) We didn't notice the varying availability of some items during the week like we had on some previous trips. The Van den Tweel Group operates 5 supermarkets on Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao and it appears they've got their supply chain logistics pretty well sorted out now.

We just returned from the island and Lisa market is open until 10pm. They have everything...including beer.