Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Utility Info Please--

Hi Royce -

Here is a link to WEB for the current rates https://www.webbonaire.com/prive/tar...n-voorwaarden/
    Effective Jan 1, 2020, electricity is .2225 per kWh and water is 3.768 per cubic meter. There is also a monthly surcharge for the service hook-up to the property (according to the # of amps service for electricity or the size of the incoming service pipe for water). I think whomever rents to you should not be charging for their hook-up, only your usage. I hope this helps!

Connie
    OceanScape, OceanTerrace, OceanEdge, OceanVista Bonaire

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I figured our the electric usage as pretty simple--just took meter reading difference for kw used and not difficult. Still trying to figure out the water meter but meter was 01530 when we arrived and now it is 01539 so we used 9 of something Water is 3.768 m3 but not certain what we actually used...likely I am making it harder than it should be....thanks Royce

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker View Post
    I figured our the electric usage as pretty simple--just took meter reading difference for kw used and not difficult. Still trying to figure out the water meter but meter was 01530 when we arrived and now it is 01539 so we used 9 of something Water is 3.768 m3 but not certain what we actually used...likely I am making it harder than it should be....thanks Royce
    It looks like you used 9 m3. So 9 x 3.768 = $33.91 should be your cost. Most water meters I have seen on Bonaire are measuring m3. If you look real closely at the water meter, it may show the type of units being measured.

Connie
    OceanScape, OceanTerrace, OceanEdge, OceanVista Bonaire

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I have two 3BR, 2,5 BA in Curacao.
    No AC in the living room.
    I keep track of all energy and water consumption.
    The average use (40 times rented out) of electricity is 25 kWh per day, of water 0,7 m3 per day.
    The highest use was 70 kWh per day and 1.5m3
    Maybe it can use as a reference.
    Water and electricity are very expensive.