Thread: Air Conditioner service

Default Air Conditioner service

Good morning everyone
    I have wall mounted air conditioner made by "general" and it is not cooling the room as it should. Before I buy a new one I was just wondering if anyone knows or have had an air conditioner serviced before. I am hoping it may just a service call.

Thank you very much
    Dave
    Dave B

Definitely worth having it serviced if you can get someone who has the skills to properly measure and calculate necessary refrigerant + check for leaks etc.

You've probably done this already, but in case you don't know, these airconditioning units have a filter which is found after opening the cover of the unit. As dusty as it always is on Bonaire this filter is sometimes very clogged and in need of cleaning or replacement. If this hasn't been done in awhile it will help restore functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by mpement View Post
    You've probably done this already, but in case you don't know, these airconditioning units have a filter which is found after opening the cover of the unit. As dusty as it always is on Bonaire this filter is sometimes very clogged and in need of cleaning or replacement. If this hasn't been done in awhile it will help restore functionality.
    Thank you we tried that. I was hoping it was that easy
    Dave B

You may need a new thermostat. We use Ramon (Spanish speaker) at Tavarez Refri Parts (can repair all your home’s appliances) Long established, technically proficient and reputable. Call 701-3801 or 786-3801

I can recommend "Air Cooling Services". They have been doing our routine services and repairs for the past 3 or 4 years in my 3 condos (total of 9 a/c units), and the work has always been very good and on time.

+599.7175266/ +599.7170966

http://www.aircoolingservice.com

They speak English.