Thread: Satellite TV service?

DSearle is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Default Satellite TV service?

Can anyone tell me how to get satellite (not cable) TV service in Bonaire? is it even possible?

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

place where you rent will likely have cable via satellite service but you will not get direct service--just like in USA. You can watch various stations from many countries but, but if you talking about internet service for your computer Bonaire will provide this with no problem. We have used it for years and not a problem unless something happens on the island...........just like in the USA so be ready for some outages.

You are not going to get satellite service with remote hookups like Tom Cruise movies-----

Q: has anyone (willing to admit) successfully brought and installed their US satÚlite system (I.e. DirectTV or Dish) on island?

Our house had DirectTV installed out of Curacao by prior occupants, who told us that US service doesn't work as this region needs to be fed by different satellites. Not sure whether that's still the case, as we never signed up for it. Might want to contact the regional provider http://www.directvcaribbean.com/an/contact-us

It's not simply a question of sorting out the "account" - but also the coverage of the satellites. That may be too far south.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaParrotHead View Post
    Q: has anyone (willing to admit) successfully brought and installed their US satÚlite system (I.e. DirectTV or Dish) on island?