Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pony Bottle Attachment Thoughts

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Default Pony Bottle Attachment Thoughts

Ok looking for others input on something I am looking at testing. I am a heavier user of air and best time I ever had on a standard dive is 48 minutes--have tried to improve time by reducing settings to lowest settings on my reg and still no big difference, here is my thought on the only way to extend my dive time.

Biggest tanks on Bonaire are 80's we get from Dive Friends. I am considering bringing along a 19C pony and attaching it to the 80 and running a high pressure hose out from the pony and into one of my high pressure ports in my 1st stage. From what I have researched the HP layout on my 1st stage which in theory will simply allow me to breath from "both tanks" at the same time as they both will supply by regulator. Readout on my dive computer will reflect the correct PSI that is being balanced/shared by both tanks so in theory it should be viable.

I thought about doing this with a low pressure setup but believe that that port on my 1st stage will not allow for air to "enter" my 1st stage from the pony, but again I am going do a little more research on this but believe it to be correct.

It appears the new rage is having 2 smaller 60's and do side mount but you then need 2-reg sets and one of them will need just a pressure gauge but does my dive computer continue to monitor bottom time remaining while being hooked up to the tank that was used 1st and later on not being used? Also likely to then need to replace our existing bc but not certain.

Input and suggestions welcome---5-month to touchdown back on Bonaire!

Cornhusker

Pretty sure I saw 120s at Dive Friends Yellow Sub when I was there in June. Ask and perhaps you will receive :-)

Royce,
    Two things come to mind:
    1. Rent tanks from Tropical divers as they have 120 steel tanks and smaller ones for Mary to match air consumption. This is what Carol and I do quite nicely. Also since steel tanks are negative it takes weight off your weight belt!
    2. Consider side-mount diving with two smaller tanks
    We will miss you guys this year

Mary is just about as bad as I am but slightly better---thanks for the great info and I will check them out--tanks Nitrox? Decided to get some additional training as just want to have a little less surface time so we can get our 3-4 dives in and get back to the pool earlier than 5. Sorry you not going to be around but will have a drink and scotch @ Will's for both of you!

nice to know info---I will send them email and check thing out as I am more than willing to pay extra if it costs more as just makes it easier! Again great info from this board and members!

just got a reply and biggest is 80's so likely will give Tropical a try and just see if it does the job I am hoping for. Thanks for efforts--

Is tropical up by the turn @ Oil Slick Leap? Might give it a try 1-day of diving and see how it works out--thanks for the help,

Royce

DrDirector is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Tropical is across the street from the entrance to Plaza Resort / Toucan Diving and just up the street from VIP Diving, i.e., between the airport and the center of Kralendyjk.

Thank you

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

You can get alum 100's with air or nitrox anytime at VIP Diving ... we have plenty pre-mixed and ready to go. We also have plenty of 63's with air or nitrox ready to go.
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32