Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regulator for my sister - recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by randl View Post
    I would also add that we obtained the ScubaPro setup I mentioned on Bonaire for closer to $500 than $1000, with the lifetime warranty.
    Wow - you got a great price. What are Poseidon Cyklons going for on the island?

randl is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Not familiar with the Poseidon products - never noticed them and a bit surprised there's so much love for them.

Quote Originally Posted by randl View Post
    Not familiar with the Poseidon products - never noticed them and a bit surprised there's so much love for them.
    Once you breathe through one, you'll never use anything else.

+1 for Dive Rite. Great breathing, quality regs for an affordable price (as far as dive gear goes )

The JetStreams and the Extremes breathe so much better than Cyklons.
    Typically Poseidons are used for technical diving; they breath the same at 360ft as 20ft.
    Agreed scubapro and DiveRite make quality products.

Are you looking for first stage and primary? Octopus as well? I have had an Atomic B2 for years and it still works great. When my wife went looking she ended up with the Atomic Z2. Works great as well. I also have the Atomic SS1 as I do photography and do whatever I can to keep my gear close to my body as I really don't want to drag stuff on the reef. I figure as long as that one doesn't leak and gives me air in an emergency, it is doing its job. My wife has a very inexpensive Sherwood as her octopus. There are a lot of good choices these days. Depending on where your sister lives, you may want to give her a gift certificate for her LDS. Sometimes it is more important to have the support of a shop who can provide support than to have gear that is slightly better and have to figure out how to get it serviced.

Quote Originally Posted by antennariidae View Post
    Are you looking for first stage and primary? Octopus as well?
    First and second stages, and pressure gauge. She already has an octopus 2nd stage built into her BCD inflator.

So far I have heard/read nothing but good things about the Sherwood's dependability. I am strongly leaning in that direction.