Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to open new bank account on Bonaire?

Hi, I didn't get it..I just changed settings so please re-send & hopefully will go through this time. Thanks

Annapolis, Maryland and Santa Barbara, Bonaire

Thanks RoyMod

Annapolis, Maryland and Santa Barbara, Bonaire

I sent it to the h.....lf..e@gmail.com

Got it..Thanks so much

My wife and I plan on buying a home in Bonaire in the immediate near future. We will want to open a Bonaire entity to take title for various reasons and understand the extra expenses of forming a company, but we are looking for a local attorney to help with that. We will also need to open a bank account - like the origin of this thread, we've emailed the Bonaire banks without any replies. I noticed that RCB has a relationship with City National Bank back in the states and was planning to stop into their Manhattan branch tomorrow to see if they can help me get an appointment the first week of October. Any recommendations on a) a local attorney to help setup a company to buy the house and b) a recommendation for a local bank for a non-resident account ... would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.bonairenotaris.com/ - we used their services to buy the land and will be using their services again to form a company.
    Opening a bank account - we're currently gathering the documents to open an account in MCB during our visit to Bonaire next week. From what I gathered you have to book an appointment at least a couple of weeks in advance. You can find more information here: http://www.bonairehelpdesk.com/?page_id=424

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I formed a company a couple years ago ... easy enough process ... should cost around $1500 and take 60 days or so. One advantage here is that, for the most part, you pay no taxes until you take the money out of your company to your personal account.
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32

Does it mean that there is no corporate tax (or equivalent) on Bonaire? Just personal income tax?

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I have a "BV" company and it's my understanding from my accountant (and on my Bonaire tax returns) that I only pay personal income tax on the $$ I take out of my business account (and then only if above a certain level). The business pays no tax. For 2 years now, that has been the way I have been advised.

Having said that, if you form an "NV" company or have a sole proprietorship, you may have a different set of rules. Bruce Zavon is the guy to consult.
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32

Great, thank you!