Thread: United

Default United

Last week United had a Friday flight via IAH arriving in Bonaire at 7:40 pm - was excited to have an extra day in Bonaire. Today, that flight is no longer showing. Does anyone know historically if they have added Friday flights in November? Or do they just have Sat/Sun flights that time of year (just after Thanksgiving)?

Well, a couple of years ago I made reservations on that same flight. But, then it went away and I had to spend a lot of time talking to United and then working with the Sand Dollar folks to make sure we had someplace to stay that 'extra' night.

The customer service people both at United and Sand Dollar were great, but the stress for me wasn't.

Beware of United adding the Friday flights. Ours was probably in April or May.

HTH - Bea

United changed the departure time of the EWR to BON flight to 7:55am starting June 11th!!! This leaves little to no time for a connection. I noticed this when United moved back the departure time of my flight leaving BON on June 11th to 1:40. I found this strange since the arriving flight normally arrives at 1:45. Check your flight if flying through EWR June 11th or after.

You are correct dannori. We are on the down-bound flight on 11 June and the departure times for both legs have been moved up an hour. Typically, we have gotten no notification from UA (nor do I expect to receive one). The change does not impact us, since we drive up to New York the night before and stay in a hotel at EWR. Thanks for the heads up!

seems like it's only June..May is the same as is August..gotta go down via Houston= LONG day
    Ann Phelan
    Caribbean Wind & Sun Vacations - Owner

It must start on June 11. We are down bound on June 4 and it has not been changed however my return on June 19 has been changed from 2:45 PM to 1:40 PM.

United has a sale on now. One of the best deals is Cleveland--Bonaire for $456. r/t. Travel must be completed by August 14, '16. KOB--check it out!

Booked our Thanksgiving trip in Jan. Sat return flight cancelled, instead extra day for us, yeah! Because United has not notified in past of flight changes, I checked weekly. I was able to catch it early again, and still keep good seats on Sunday return. Resort had extra day stay available, all good. A good idea to watch your flight for changes if a ways out, our return connections were still Saturday, able to get changed too.

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Thanks Jim ... that is as cheap as I have ever seen CLE - BON !!

FYI, we got BON -> LAX - 6 days - LAX -> SEA - 12 days - SEA -> ALB - 12 days - ALB -> BON for $1250 for the whole 1 month itinerary during July-August on Delta
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32

A good sized group from south FL with some folks from the Cincinnati area are going in August to Bonaire. The $456. price from Cleveland to Bonaire would be worth the drive across Ohio. The fare is cheaper than most from south and central FL as well. I can't remember it being that cheap as far back as the ALM days!! LA and Chicago have great fares too!