Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite dive ?

Default Favorite dive ?

What's everyone's favorite dive and why?
    Mine is either Karpata or the unmarked site between Alice and Angel City.
    Karpata because I saw a Manta
    And the unmarked site because I love the double reef there. Always see something new

Generally I prefer the south sites. My favorite, rarely done, is lighthouse. On occasion the water there is flat and on those days we dive there.

We've done the "Wild Side," personally I wasn't impressed anymore than other sites.

Second would probably be "The Lakes." and third would be "Tori's Reef." Bachelors Beach is a fun dive, Windsock has some cool stuff, Red Slave, .... Really, choosing among the south side sites is pretty tough. They are all great, just in different ways.

We did the lighthouse last trip, the vis wasn't very good. Red Slave is good it the currents not too bad. Half my time on island I'm solo so trying to to find buddy's to so far south isn't easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriss View Post
    Half my time on island I'm solo so trying to to find buddy's to so far south isn't easy.
    I do my night dives solo. My wife doesn't enjoy night dives. Honestly, I'm more comfortable solo.

When the water is flat, Lighthouse is clear. Larger corals, especially soft corals. More and larger fish also.

Generally we drive south each morning till the waves are to rough then turn around and stop at the first or second site, depending on wether it's empty or not. Then we continue driving back and stop for our second morning dive. That way, if the water is flat, we will get lighthouse or red slave.

I try not to drop the "solo" word too much. Tired of hearing s*#t from people. 70% of my dives are solo.

Don't really know why, but we always seem to enjoy Tori's Reef. Really, we enjoy them all and each trip we end up with a different favorite.

As for solo; I think I'd really dig it if I ever wanted to go and the Mrs didn't. But fortunately for me, she's as much of a dive addict as am I!

I'm not sure I've done a bad dive on Bon. Doesn't matter where I go I always find something to keep me entertained.
    My GF and buddy is only good for 2 a day, that's why I started solo, I prefer 5-6 a day.

Candyland up North.
    The coral pillars are neat and there are black durgeons everywhere you look.

The double reef at Angel City is my favorite. The entry/exit always looks benign, but it beats me up almost every time. I take my bruises with a smile though 'cause I love the dive.

I'm a big fan of 1000 steps, swimming north. I find in the 20-60' range that reef is just packed.