Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food Bank?

Default Food Bank?

Hello Everyone

Happy New Year!

Is there a charity that provides food, clothing, etc. to needy families?

Was there a charity of this kind that Michael Gaynor was involved in?

My HOA is looking for a charity for our annual donation. The owner who chose this year wants to help needy families and support something that Michael was involved with.

This is our 3rd year of making the donation. The 1st year was the donkey sanctuary, 2nd year was the animal shelter. All the owners really enjoy giving back , and each owner gets the opportunity to pick a charity.

Thank you!

I believe Michael supported the Church behind Bon Bida Gym and if I remember correctly the Pastor their worked along with Michael regarding food and donations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    I believe Michael supported the Church behind Bon Bida Gym and if I remember correctly the Pastor their worked along with Michael regarding food and donations.
    Thank you Dee!

I've sent an email to the pastor of Michael's church, but have not heard back from him.

Who would ever think it would be so difficult to find a charity that helps the needy???

Delno Tromp (https://www.facebook.com/delno.tromp?fref=ts) is involved in the "Old Folks Christmas Dinner" that Michael Gaynor championed each year and I'm sure would welcome donations to that event.

Thank you so much mpement! That sounds like a PERFECT charity! Just sent him a Facebook message.
    Last edited by trish; 01-26-2016 at 06:46 PM.

DrDirector is online now Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Delno Tromp was one of Michael Gaynor's many close friends. Along with several other of Michael's friends, Delno was one of the organizers involved in the Celebration of Life for Michael. We had the pleasure of meeting Delno (as well as Michael's other friends) during that planning and at the Celebration of Life, and now we have a wider circle of new and wonderful Bonaire friends. Hopefully Delno or Doug Serle, the Pastor at the International Bible Church can help you.

there is a food bank ADHEDRA located across the street from More for Less in Niki Boko.

Thank you everyone for all your help! I have reached out to Delno via Facebook message and Pastor Doug via email. I haven't heard back from them. If someone knows them could you please contact them for me and tell them I have sent messages?

Petri, do you know if the food bank has a bank account? That's how we make the donation an electronic transfer from our account. If I was still on Bonaire I would gladly buy the groceries & take them there, but not going back until Dec.

Thank you again everyone!

Trish,,, remember,, Bonaire??? Island time,, everything is a lot slower and most people do not check emails as frequently as we do...

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    Trish,,, remember,, Bonaire??? Island time,, everything is a lot slower and most people do not check emails as frequently as we do...
    Oh my gosh, thanks for the reminder Dee! Something I have always struggled with lol.

Just have so much going on, I don't want the donation to get lost in the shuffle!

Funny, the first 2 years were animal charities (donkey & animal shelter) and I was able to contact someone & get an answer in the same day, had their bank account numbers & the money transferred by the next day!