Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insel Charlotte to Curcao permanently cancelled

Default Insel Charlotte to Curcao permanently cancelled

We had reservations on Insel Air from Charlotte to Curacao and on to Bonaire from Curacao. on Sat. Jan 2 and returning on March 12. We just found out today by talking to Insel that they are cancelling ALL Charlotte/Curacao flights effective Jan.9,2016. so, we would have been able to get to Bonaire but not get back to Charlotte on the return. Insel offered to return us to Miami or give us a full refund on our total ticket purchase. We ended up cancelling the entire reservation and applied for a refund. we rebooked with Delta for the same dates.

If you are flying with Insel on the Charlotte to Curacao flights or return, you better check with Insel to make sure you can still fly per your original reservation.

Vann Evans
    A4 Sand Dollar
    Nobody is born knowing how to dive; we must practice, practice, practice.

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Thanks for sharing !!
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32

wow, that is great in

I noticed in an a sale email a couple of days ago from Insel that Charlotte was not included and not mentioned. I guess I know why now!

Avoid CUR at all costs. It is a complete nightmare gone worse, if that's possible. I have flown the AA leg BON MIA BOS since 2008. I use Divi inter island always (flawless). The last few trips have been ridiculous. No more unless I have to.
    Ann Phelan
    Caribbean Wind & Sun Vacations - Owner

The airlines coming out of the northeast are getting ridiculous. If it's not the high end prices, they want to travel you around the world from Houston etc. before they get you to Bonaire. I don't know what's going on with this at all. The other thing they are doing is extending the flights so that you leave on a Sat. but don't get into Bonaire until that Sunday. A total day lost. Then, coming home it's the exact same thing..................a day later or 30 hours to get back to the Northeast. How discouraging for anyone especially those that only stay a week. We usually stay longer but to bring a guest with us, they loose precious Bonaire time. Awful.

Hi Phelana- can you elaborate more on Curacao please?? We are coming to Bonaire in May flying JetBlue into Curacao then Divi to Bonaire and would like to know about any concerns that we should be aware of. We flew this route in July 2015 and didn't encounter any major problems except for a lot of congestion at immigration security check-in. Other than that, our trip was uneventful. Any information would be helpful. Thanks

We've been flying the Mia-Cur (on AA) Cur-Bon (on Insel) for years in September. Sept 2015 was no different than previous years. I flew Divi once, many years ago, never again. They put us on a rattletrap plane painted EZ Air.

The AA flight into Cur gets in early enough (pick the correct day) to fly on to Bon that day/evening. The return flight, we overnight in Cur then leave Cur early.

randl is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

My daughter and her family had a costly and inconvenient experience last summer. They flew Jet Blue JFK-Aruba then Insel Aruba-BON r/t. Inbound was fine (although Insel was three hours late from Aruba) but the outbound Insel flight was about 4 hours late and they missed the Jet Blue return to JFK even with a 3-hour interval. Jet Blue had them book one-way Aruba-JFK flights at about $3500 for the four of them. We paid a hotel night in Aruba, too.

That experience taught us to use one airline all the way, that is, Delta or United.

Quote Originally Posted by randl View Post
    That experience taught us to use one airline all the way, that is, Delta or United.
    As many who post here have experienced, using only a single airline does not insure you will get there. Flights have been dropped and times changed without notification.

Years back we would fly AA from home (Albuquerque) to Bonaire, through San Juan. When AA dropped the San Juan - Bonaire flight they did not notify me, they just left the passage ending in San Juan. Fortunately, a week prior to the departure I checked, found the problem, and changed my flights so I could actually get to my destination.

Unfortunately this incident with AA was not unique. It seems all the airlines do this type of stuff occasionally.