Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: airline updates 11/19/2015

Default airline updates 11/19/2015

U.S. NON-STOP SERVICE TO BONAIRE
    Delta Airlines: Atlanta Bonaire
    Weekly non-stop service from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL) to Bonaire every Saturday
    Starting December 19, 2015, 3x weekly non-stop service every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday from ATL

United Airlines: Houston Bonaire
    Weekly non-stop service from George Bush International Airport (IAH) every Saturday. Return flight will depart Bonaire every Sunday.
    From November 21 - December 1, 2015, 2x weekly non-stop service from IAH every Friday and Saturday. Return flight will depart Bonaire every Saturday and Sunday.

United Airlines: Newark Bonaire
    Weekly non-stop service from Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) every Saturday
    From December 12, 2015 - January 3, 2016, 2x weekly non-stop service from EWR every Saturday and Sunday

Check your airlines for your dates ~~
    Freddie

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

Be sure to check prices. For those willing to get to BON from EWR via IAH on United , the fare on the dates we are travelling is $410 round trip! The direct flight EWR to BON is $785 round trip. Also, for those who already have reservations, check your seat assignments. It appears that United changed the aircraft for our flight to a smaller one and changed our seat assignments as well.

Yes, United changed the aircraft for our flight from EWR to BOS on Jan. 23rd. We purchased 1st Class tickets, and now the flight from EWR to BOS is economy. I don't necessarily mind that, but I do mind the fact that I am getting no satisfaction or response to my inquiries regarding a fare difference.

randl is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

hallerdodd, I don't mean to be difficult but are you sure the $410 is a r/t? The "new" United website prices each leg separately even when you ask for a r/t. I'm just not seeing anything like $410 for next summer. The EWR to BON leg is $409 and the return is about the same.

My mistake! Thanks for pointing out United's new format. I can't believe how high the ticket prices are.

I have a friend who uses ITAMatrix to buy air..you need to be savvy how to navigate the site. He does three stops and pays 550 high season..
    Ann Phelan
    Caribbean Wind & Sun Vacations - Owner

Hi Phelana, I do not think you can book on ITA, you can search airfares , but maybe they have changed? A friend of mine used that website and had to call the airlines with the code for the flight.

Inselair Aruba does not show up on the Matrix, and their current price is $297. Miami--Bonaire via Aruba with the other Inselair somewhat higher thru Curacao. Sooo, I'm using Kayak for Bonaire now. For many years, I could rely on www.ITAsoftware.com and the matrix for lowest airfares everywhere, not so now! I especially like how it lets me look at 30 days at a time to find the cheapest days. It is accurate that one must go elsewhere to buy!

Default Houston to Bonaire

What is up with United, we have taken the Houston to Bonaire flights Saturday to Saturday for many years, now looking at summer flights, and the United flight times are terrible. Do they not want to go to Bonaire anymore?

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

You mean the long return through NewarK? United is not doing the overnights to Bonaire any more, I understand due to pilot rest regulations.
    If you want nonstop HOU-BON both ways you have to come back on Sunday. The fares are better too.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia