Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Michael Gaynor

A truly wonderful, and caring human being! he did everything to make sure your visit and trip to the island was a very memorable one. He was a true person and a wonderful friend. We met him our first visit to Bonaire 6 years ago, and always conversed with him when not on the island. he will be greatly missed, a true loving person. RIP Micheal

Very sad to hear about Michael, he was a true gentleman with a constant smile and always so positive. A real loss to Bonaire. RIP Michael.
    Brian Lowe

Very saddened to hear of Michael's passing. We have known him since we first
    started to come to Bonaire. He was always very helpful and so knowledgeable about
    Bonaire. God Bless him for all he did to help others. Our thoughts and prayers go
    out to his family and close friends.

This is so sad.
    I too was able to call Michael a friend. I met him on our first trip to Bonaire and he took my son and I into his back office and we sat and became acquainted, he showed a genuine interest in my son and I. on our 7 trips since I always brought a few New York times for him and we would chat. i had planned on bringing him another set of papers in February.
    On our last trip we went to his home and he had us in and we sat and talked for awhile, but he could only talk for about 15 minutes as was usually the case another friend who was on vacation on the island wanted to take him out for dinner.
    This is very sad, I missed Chat and Browse and now I will miss Michael.
    What a wealth of information and what a genuine great caring person.
    A Bonaire Icon has passed but he has left a lasting legacy.
    RIP MICHAEL

What loss to those of us that are long-time visitors and to the island. He made the island a better place.

Bea and Marvin Jones

If you are a face book person , perhaps you already saw this and signed ..
    Adnan Hassan writes :
    Lets do something positive with our pain and to honor Michael. His tragedy should never be repeated. Please sign and share this petition to have bike paths painted on all paved streets of Bonaire. Our elderly, children, bikers, walkers, etc., have a right to be safe on Bonaire. Michael would expect us to do nothing less.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/b..._medium=social
    Freddie

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

as per Bas N.

CELEBRATION OF LIFE CEREMONY FOR MICHAEL GAYNOR.
    Some of Mike's inner circle have asked me to share this message with you:
    Friday November 13th, 2015 there will a Celebration of Life for Mike Gaynor at Te AMO beach. Starts at 5PM. It will be a 20-30 minutes ceremony and if some wants to donate something it is welcome. We will be donating the monies for some of Mike's favorite foundations.
    You can donate here: https://www.gofundme.com/ef9epcb8
    Last edited by ModFreddie; 11-09-2015 at 07:37 PM.
    Freddie

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

Tom and I will miss Michael very much. He was one of my Bonaire Dushi's. He served as an unofficial ambassador as well as his efforts with Kresh bon Kwido and Special Olympics Bonaire as well as many animal charities. I know he will be missed by many people from all over.Bonaire is a better place because of Michael and I hope his efforts to make Bonaire more handicapped accessible will finally see fruition.

I too am saddened by this terrible news. Michael was always helping everyone whenever and wherever it was needed. We met him during our first trip to the island in 2006 and made it a point to see him during every trip thereafter. He shared his heart with everyone and will be missed by all more than words can express. His love for Bonaire cannot be matched.

Exalted and hallowed be God's great name in the world which God created, according to plan.
    May God's majesty be revealed in the days of our lifetime and the life of all Israel -- speedily, imminently, to which we say Amen.
    Blessed be God's great name to all eternity.
    Blessed, praised, honored, exalted, extolled, glorified, adored, and lauded be Michael, beyond all earthly words and songs of blessing, praise, and comfort. To which we say Amen.
    May there be abundant peace from heaven, and life, for us and all Israel, to which we say Amen.
    May the One who creates harmony on high, bring peace to us and to all Israel.
    To which we say Amen.

Lori Mulhisen

Such sad news. I have always looked forward to chatting with Michael when we visit Bonaire.