Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Michael Gaynor

Default RIP Michael Gaynor

It is with sadness that I inform the Bonaire Talk community of the passing of a wonderful man. This morning Michael Gaynor was hit by a car while on his scooter-mobile on his way home from church. He passed away a short time later at the hospital.

Please share your stories, memories and pictures of Michael.

Rest in peace my friend.

Default Rest in Peace Michael Gaynor <3

It is with Great Sorrow that I announce the death of Michael Gaynor..

Michael was our GO-TO GUY. If you had a problem while on Bonaire , Michael would FIX it.. He was the person that wanted Bonaire to be the best place to live and to visit.. He wanted it all to be handicap accessible and in the long run this is what did him in... Michael was on his way home from the church that he loved.. In front of Sand Dollar ( how many years did he have his store there, such a familiar for him )when a truck hit him and then ran him over .... His belonging were strewn for about 300 feet. How fast was this person going??? and were they texting??? I hope there is an investigation.. He was hit and then run over again.. he had head injuries and his ribs were crushed... he died shortly after in the hospital.. If the Sidewalks had been handicap accessible and in good repair, this might not have happened... Michael FOUGHT hard for what he believed in.. handicap accessible and safe Bonaire.. I can only hope that someone takes up his sword and continues to fight for this...

Michael you will be missed my many.. you were loved !!.. NY bagels will never taste the same even with a smear !! an Folgers Coffee RED will never taste as good as you could make it.. Love you man !!! say hi to Jake and Don !!

Please feel free to post photos and remembrances for us all ..

The information above was written by me but taken from an eye witness account. this is the original text {Michael Goynor was hit in his scootmobiel in front of Sanddollar after he left church this morning. A lady in a blue pickup drove over him after she hit his vehicle and he was thrown out. His belongings were scattered around 100 meters, so you can imagine what a blow it was. He is unconsious now. She drove over his ribs. He could not breath. Ribs piercing lungs. His head was full of blood. Probably hit his head hard when he flew through the air and has internal bleadings in his head pressing on his brain. I think he is not going to make it. I was always afraid this was going to happen to him.)
    Last edited by ModFreddie; 11-09-2015 at 08:37 AM.
    Freddie

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

I just returned from Bonaire today and received this word from a friend when I got off the plane. Michael was a wonderful person and will be sorely missed. I always enjoyed talking with Michael. I know he helped countless persons in many ways.

Michael was a wonderful friend and advocate for Bonaire! He was always ready and willing to lend a helpful hand to any and all! Through our many years of traveling and diving on Bonaire, Michael gave us help and assistance many times! If you had a question regarding almost anything " Bonaire", Michael was the one you could count on for correct information.
    What a tragic event!
    May he, forever, rest in peace.

coldwaterlloyd Lurker

He sure was an asset to Bonaire and the World , a wonderful man indeed . Such a sad tragic event . RIP MG

Freddie

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

RIP Michael G. , he always tried his best to help BTers either on Bonaire or here in the Forum.
    PRA & ET Inc
    Proof Readers Anonymous & Extreme Testers

DrDirector is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Like others here on Bonaire, BT and Facebook, my wife and I are devastated by the news of the tragic accident that took our dear friend Michael earlier today. We arrived yesterday on Bonaire for an unplanned extra trip this year and I had in fact been e-mailing with Michael at around 7:00 this morning making plans for Tuesday evening to share one of the two bottles of Prosecco he had in his refrigerator. Late this morning I heard and saw multiple ambulances and police cars racing north and realized something bad had happened. A little while later, Ellen Muller called me (we had been on the phone when the last police car raced past) to tell me there had been a bad accident involving Michael. Later she called me again to say he had passed. May you rest in peace Michael. You lived your life trying to be helpful to others, and you succeeded. Our sincere condolences to his family, both those actually related to him as well as all of the people who he made into his very extended "adopted" family here on Bonaire. We were always welcomed into his home where we had the pleasure of meeting many of the wonderful people he considered his family. We will all miss you. Go in peace our friend.

Resa & Mark Director

I only met him a few times but I am deeply saddened to hear of his untimely passing. The world was a better place with him in it.

randl is online now Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

RIP, Michael. You were a friend to all, a man who loved to help, especially those who needed help the most.