Thread: Avocado and Ginger, sweet potatoes?

Default Avocado and Ginger, sweet potatoes?

I was just wondering if anyone knows if I can purchase Avacado, Fresh Ginger root, sweet potatos at Van Den Tweel or any of the other supermarkets on the island.

I've seen all of these items at VanDenTweel- but once you see them purchase them immediately as they won't be there next week!

TankHalfFull is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I have seen all of the above at Warehouse sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone knows if I can purchase Avacado, Fresh Ginger root, sweet potatos at Van Den Tweel or any of the other supermarkets on the island.
    you can find all these items daily and in plentiful supply at any of the chinese markets --there are 3 on Kaya industria near van der tweel..there is a big one next to Warehouse ....

Thank you all for your help on this. I have never really looked for those items before!! Thank you sooo much.

On lucky days, you will find 2 kinds of avocado - the larger, brighter green, smoother "local" variety and the smaller, darker Haas or "American" kind. Bigger stores like VDT, Warehouse and Bonaire Food Group do better at stocking Haas than local markets. They often arrive rock solid, 3-5 days from ripeness. For more ripe and ready local produce, recommend local markets, who offer variety beyond the big stores.

Thank you so much. Arriving this weekend.