Thread: why wait so long

Default why wait so long

I am up at the sunrise this morning, thinking about Jerry and the gofund me. It occured to me, why does it take someone to die for us all to want to take up for a cause or a person, the burial arrangements, the funding of his life long work? When are we going to realize that the best way to honor someone is now, not when they die , honor those now so they can see the support? If you see a cause or a program that you would like to support- support it now, not when someone dies. Contribute to them and their cause now. Dont wait. It will be much more appreciated by those that are putting forth the effort in their life to do good. Just a thought. D

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

A very nice thought, Dee ... the funding would have meant a lot to Jerry.
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32

Hey Kob,
    I am not disrespecting the funding, I think it s wonderful, just saying I think we should all take another look at what is meaningful on Bonaire and not wait for a gofundme. I applaud Michael and others for all their heart, soul and work on the island. Its just something I was thinking about with the sunrise, a new day.

Gmichael is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Dee, you are so right. Jerry was a lifelong friend (more than 20 years) and he had a certain pride and was not willing to ask for help. IF IF IF...hate those words...loved the man Michael